Beantwoord

Internet not activated yet

• 12 December 2019
  • 9 reacties
  • 573 Bekeken

I have a new T-Mobile Home subscription.

The Internet was supposed to be activated from 10th of December (Tuesday).

I received a box with modem and TV receiver last week.

I received an SMS at 8:00 AM on Tuesday saying that the line is now active. However it is not, the globe icon on the modem is not green. When I login to My Home I see "Your request is being processed". How can it still be under process if I signed a contract which says Internet service will be active from 10th of December? 
I called Tmobile immediately and they said it should come after 6:00 PM. Of course, that did not happen. 
I called again yesterday and they told me there that it should definitely become active by the end of day.

I called again today and they told me that they see it is not active yet and someone should contact me.

When I signed the contract in the shop all I received was that date: 10th of December. Nobody mentioned any extra waiting time. The delivery of service is 3 days late and it is falsely described as “active” according to the SMS I received.

Can anyone possibly tell me why I don’t have my services and why have I been falsely informed about the start date of 10th of December, when obviously nobody knows when it will be active?

I have better options at my home, either DSL or cable (Ziggo). If this cannot be sorted out immediately I want to return the equipment and cancel the contract under the reason of delayed activation of services. 

icon

Beste antwoord door MelisaTMT 16 December 2019, 15:16

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Hi rysen01,

It could be an administrative / activation issue as you discripe in your topic.

But it could also be a technical issue inside or outside your house. Did you manage the correct installation procedure on the isra point? What kind of isra do you have? Sometimes the signal is on the 2nd connection instead of the first. Maybe you can post a picture of the installation?

Regards, Marcel

I have a normal connector which a previous tenant used without an issue.

Tmobile said issue is on their side with KPN and that the earliest activation date will have to be moved from December 10 to January 8.

The website says:

Reputatie 4

Hi @ryzen01, so sorry to hear that the delivery of the internet is late. No worries! I've immediately checked the expected delivery date for you, and it's now set on 17th of December. This means that your line will probably be active tomorrow. If there's anything else I can do for you, let me know! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer @Marcel MCi:muscle_tone2:

Thanks @MelisaTMT, I appreciate your efforts but it’s too late for that. You know the idiom, first impression counts the most! 
I’ve talked to customer support on Thursday when the earliest date of service activation by KPN was meant to be 8th of January, so I’ve agreed with customer support to cancel the service on the basis of violation of contract and late service activation contrary to what was communicated. I’ve already returned the box with modem, TV receiver, cables, etc. 

Reputatie 7

Hey @ryzen01,

I'm really sad to hear that your customer journey didn't went flawless as expected. :frowning2:  I see that my colleague discussed this case with his/her supervisor. But he/she didn't receive an approval to cancel your subscription without any costs. 

The good news is that your T-Mobile Thuis subscription will be activated today. So if you decide to keep your current T-Mobile subscription. I'll do my utterly best to send you a new installation package as soon as possible. Just let me know if I can arrange this for you. I'll also make sure that you'll receive a compensation for the fact that your activation is delayed with one week.

If you still want to cancel your subscription, we can arrange this for you. However, there are costs involved. I would love to hear what your choice will be. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

I really appreciate your efforts but I am aware that you cannot control KPN nor decide when they will send out a technician to enable the signal for my house. (the date quoted was 8th of January so imagine how big their queue is if I have to wait a month!) 

The box I already returned via PostNL and according to De Geschillencommissie there’s no way to charge any cancellation costs if the service hasn’t been delivered and used at all. No signal was turned on at my address therefore the modem and the TV box themselves never managed to communicate to any of T-Mobile servers or network in general. Therefore, no service was provided by T-Mobile as a provider to me as a customer. I am aware of my rights and the expectations were set in the contract however no service was provided and the violator of the contract was the company (T-Mobile). You can try to pass the blame to KPN as this is more of an infrastructural issue but then you should have advised me, in the shop, that the waiting time is 1 month + statutory 14 days. Then I would have immediately refused the offer and took another provider instead of going through all of this hassle (and I still took another provider, just after much hassle with you)

Hey @ryzen01,

The good news is that your T-Mobile Thuis subscription will be activated today.

This is how you deceive your customers. I am posting this here so other people can see how you treat new customers. 

I log in to my Thuis and what I see is again the same: TV is activated but Internet is in the same status: processing. Of course, TV cannot work without Internet. So, you make it look like it’s activated but in reality there is no signal on the line. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @ryzen01, you are correct, it would appear there is a delay on the grid operator side. You speak of the Geschillen Commissie however delays CAN happen (even though of course we strive not to) and we will do everything in our power to solve it as quickly as possible. This is not a basis on which you can cancel your subscription I'm afraid.

Hi 

I seem to have the same problem, my internet was supposed to be activated by Saturday 01 February 2020 but no luck. 

Will anyone be able to assist me in resolving this matter?

Reageer