Beantwoord

KPN fault... what next?

• 15 December 2020
  • 8 reacties
  • 421 Bekeken

I moved to a new place 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for an internet connection since.

Yesterday was the installation date, however the internet is not working. I was on the phone with a very helpful person from customer service and he informed me that there seems to be an issue on KPN side and that they would contact me.

I didn’t get any text, call, email etc. How do I know they are coming to fix anything?

How long does something like this normally take? Is there any place at KPN I can call, or check a status of what is happening?

I work in a highly critical job and internet is a must for me to be able to do my job. It’s becoming frustrating having to wait so long without internet in the 21st century. I am worried that I have to wait too long for anything to happen.. I’m already regretting not going with Ziggo.

icon

Beste antwoord door Cal van Odido 16 December 2020, 13:21

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

No problem.

I didn't receive any updates from T-mobile except one email when KPN received the message that they put in the system. 

In the first few days I waited to be contacted, and after the first week I started calling T-mobile for updates once a day or once every 2 days. Which was frustrating given the long waiting times. I don't feel like T-mobile tried to make the situation better in any way. I had to call myself and ask for a voucher for the hotspot. When I called to cancel the order I didn't even get a “We are sorry”. It wouldn't have changed my mind but at least it would show a sign that they cared.. You can probably tell how frustrated I was with this whole experience :)

I'm not saying that once the issue is resolved T-mobile isn't a good option, though I couldn't know for sure. I initially wanted to try because they have better prices and because I already have my mobile contract with them.

This is not a good way to start a new year in a new home. Fingers crossed you get internet soon! 

Cheers,

Yvonne

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @phmagacho, I'm very sorry to hear that we haven't lived up to our service level agreement thus far. Not giving updates and giving the impression that we don't care, doesn't comply with our ideals and concept vision of customer service. 

Having said that, I'm really glad that KPN will come over today to check the line stability and fix the issue. Please let us know if things work out. If not, I'll do everything in my power to help you as much as possible. 

Hi @yvonne.zannoun, the same applies to your situation: my sincerest apologies for the way that you've been treated. There's no excuse for being lackluster when it comes to servicing our customers and people in general and it frankly makes me quite sad thinking about it. If ever you're having second thoughts about switching providers, please let me know. I'll gladly walk you through the entire process and make sure that everything happens exactly as promised, without confusion, doubts, or poor service. I honestly hope that you'll receive the level of service you deserve over at Ziggo and wish you all the best! If there's anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Stay safe and healthy!

Thanks for the support, Yvonne.

I have an update. I actually was contacted by KPN today and they will come on over Friday to check. Fingers crossed it will be solved.

IhHope your services with Ziggo will go smoothly.

Regards,

Pedro

I also wanted to add, I asked for a voucher to be able to continue working from home using my phone, and I received via email a code that was supposed to give me 7 days of unlimited internet.

The code only worked for one day. I've been on the phone all morning trying to ask for help...

I honestly feel like crying… 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @yvonne.zannoun,

Thank you for alerting us about the issue, this is of course not the envisioned outcome. I can promise you that we are on the case, and we are trying our utmost best to solve this as soon as possible. Personally I expect your internet to work before coming weekend, but I do not have exact information about what is going wrong in the network of KPN. I immediately went ahead to provide you with extra data, but I am happy to see that a colleague of mine already arranged this a little less than half an hour ago.

If I may give you some friendly advise: almost always the internet is activated without issue, but often it can take a while before the network operator has managed to set everything in place. Thus, in the event that you may move in the future, I advise you to let us know a couple of weeks in advance, so that the network operator has enough time to make all the necessary arrangements.

In the meantime, we are trying our utmost best to get you connected as soon as humanly possible! We are determined to get this solved.

I have the exact same issue. 

Is there anyway to contact KPN or get an ETA on how the issue can be solved?

Working via a mobile hotspot is not ideal. It disconnects very often.

Regards,

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

Sorry for you… in my case, I tried everything, I tried calling KPN, didn’t work.. they said that it’s T-mobile who have to contact KPN and that the customer service of KPN doesn’t have access to the technical problems...something like this.

I find it very embarrassing for T-mobile and KPN together that things take this long. For me, I moved into a new house on the 1st of December, and immediately went to T-mobile shop to make a contract, where they told me that they will provide internet on the 15th of December. To me this is very long, 2 weeks for what… Anyway, I accepted and understood. Then from the 15th no internet until 28th of December, when I canceled my order. In the 21st century, in a civilised country, when everyone depends on internet to work from home, this is unacceptable. So I canceled, ordered from Ziggo, and had internet and received the package and had internet within 4 days. 

Hopefully it will work better for you, but i am very disappointed in T-mobile and very impressed by Ziggo service. 

Good luck.

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your quick and thorough answer. I happy that you at least have internet up and running at your place.

May I ask you if in that period from 1st to December to 28th December were you contact by T-mobile at all or did you have to do everything yourself?  I contacted T mobile 2 times, one time I was promised to be called back and that didn’t happen.

I ordered the T-Mobile Thuis at 18th December and I asked to have it working at 4th January (my moving date to my place). I really thought that this time gap would be enough to arrange everything. Apparently, not.

@Cal Can you please shed some light on how to move on? It seems like Ziggo can provide me internet within 4 days.

Regards,

Pedro

Reageer