Beantwoord

Modem Installation: globe light not lit

• 17 September 2019
  • 16 reacties
  • 858 Bekeken

Hi,

Sorry for not speaking Dutch yet.

Today is my installation date for my "Installing T-Mobile at Home" but unfortunately, following the easy installation guide the Globe light still doesn't lit up at all (not even flashing).

I use an ISRA point 2 in my "meter box" that I connect to the modem via the DSL cable furnished in the installation box.

I live in Amsterdam at 76 H and it happens that my water supplier mistake my address with 76 (and thinks the H stands for Huis). Could it be possible that T-Mobile has enabled Internet connexion at the wrong address?

It would be very nice if you could help me quickly.

Thank you!

icon

Beste antwoord door Mickael Gisquet 28 September 2019, 13:08

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 4
Hello Mickael,

Welcome to the forum.
I assume an ISRA 2 has two ports, did you check if the other port might be active?

If that is not te case, you can check here, if the modem is installed correctly and what to do when a problem occurs.

(basically they want you to connect the modem, wait for the Globe light, when that is not coming up, turn off the modem, wait 10 seconds, turn on the modem, see if the Globe light comes up. If not, they want. you to reset the modem (there is a reset button on the back). If the Globe light still doesn't come up after the reset, they want you to call customer support)
Hi Dolphin,

Thank you for your answer but I have already followed those steps and tries both ports.

I have contacted the customer support but waiting was so long that I started to write on this forum as it was the other solution proposed.

I hope someone from customer support will help me tomorrow.
Well I just had by phone the customer support and they hang up on without excuse after I asked them if someone could help in English. Bad bad support and my issue i still running

Very disappointing
Reputatie 4
@Hajar @David can one of you get @Mickael Gisquet in contact with one of your English speaking colleagues? 👍🏻

@Mickael Gisquet Did you try turn the modem off and on again today? One never knows how the wonders of the internet might work 😋
Reputatie 7
Hi @Mickael Gisquet

Have you also tried the left port of the ISRA ?
Behind the KPN logo there is a test connector. if the do a SELT measurement the should see a short circut with the test connector. the easiest way to test the line
Reputatie 3
@Mickael Gisquet I'm sorry for the late response to your questions. I'm currently answering your Facebook private message as well.

As @Hidden.nld pointed out we can do a Selt. It seems there is an issue with your IS/RA (DSL connection) and my colleagues are already working on it for you.
Dear @Edwin_H ,

Thank you for your answer and your help.
We have just made an appointment with KPN in order to "fix" what's not going well with the ISRA punt.
Hope I will be able to use Internet therefore 🙂
Reputatie 1
Hi @Mickael Gisquet, Good to know that the appointment with KNP has already been made. Just a little while longer and you will be able to use your services again! Thank you for you patience. 😉
KPN appointment fixed the issue.

Thank you for your help

Hi I have the same problem.. no one helps :(

Waiting 14 days since T-mobile promised an internet connection, many calls, but they say the problem is with KPN and can’t do anything to help =( 

Waiting 14 days since T-mobile promised an internet connection, many calls, but they say the problem is with KPN and can’t do anything to help =( 

Frustrating! Open a question here!

Frustrating! Open a question here!

Why doesn’t my internet work? 

Reputatie 7

Hi @machteld_jacobs,

I've arranged for you that you can make an appointment with an engineer. He will visit you at your house and install your T-Mobile Thuis package. You can contact our engineer department (Guidion) on the following number: 088-2000 151 If there is anything else I can do for you, let me know! 

Hey @Imraanos,

I've just contacted our technical department, and requested for a solution for this problem. Sadly enough I don't have any information at this moment why the activation of your subscription got delayed. As soon as we receive more information, we'll contact you right away. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi @machteld_jacobs,

I've arranged for you that you can make an appointment with an engineer. He will visit you at your house and install your T-Mobile Thuis package. You can contact our engineer department (Guidion) on the following number: 088-2000 151 If there is anything else I can do for you, let me know! 

Hey @Imraanos,

I've just contacted our technical department, and requested for a solution for this problem. Sadly enough I don't have any information at this moment why the activation of your subscription got delayed. As soon as we receive more information, we'll contact you right away. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!

I know, hearing this for more than 2 weeks now… 

Lol almost one month!!! No internet T-mobile is a garbage provider, people who are reading this just choose Ziggo. Did that in another house and

had internet within 5 days after ordering! 

Reageer