Beantwoord

No internet after installation

• 31 August 2020
  • 12 reacties
  • 292 Bekeken

Hi,

I unfortunately do not speak Dutch and would need support in English if possible - tried calling Customer Service, but very difficult to navigate when you don’t speak Dutch..

I tried installing my modem (Zyxel T-50) via the plug for the wall socket, but the Internet (Globe) signal has not turned on at all, not even blinked to try to connect. I should be able to connect since the 25-08-2020, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Please could you let me know how to proceed. 

Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 2 September 2020, 15:13

Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @tplazol 

Is it the wall socket where a 4 pin adapter goes in or is it one from KPN with 2 rj11 ports?

If it is the 4 pin wall socket can you post a picture of the connected wires inside and do you have any other ISRA in the fusebox for example where the KPN cable enters your house.

Hi @Waqqas, thanks for getting back to me -

Below you can find pictures of the 4 pin wall socket - tried to look at what wires were inside but didnt manage to see any.

Also attaching pictures of the ISRA by the fusebox, not sure where that cable goes to.. not sure how to proceed.

Please let me know,

Thanks!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@tplazol

The ISRA on picture 3 is your main ISRA and the one one picture 1 is not an original ISRA.

The best thing to do is connect your modem to the ISRA on picture 3 using a short DSL cable.

Remove the cable connected to the ISRA on picture 3 and plug your DSL cable there.

There’s no normal 2 pin plug in there (it’s in the hallway of the building, not even in the apartment) so i can’t actually plug the modem itself in there..

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@tplazol

You mean the fusebox is not in your apartment?

Weirdly, no, it’s in the hallway of the building, in this cabinet thing you can see below - the picture is taken from my front door

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

On photo 4 of you earlier post it looks like the cable is going downstairs. Are there people living downstairs who might be using the ISRA?

I’m not sure, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to go check.
You wouldn’t be able to help get a technician to come, right? I would have to call customer service to sort that out?

Thank you for all your help so far though, much appreciated!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@tplazol 

If you need a technician you can wait till tomorrow, hopefully a moderator will reply or you can contact the customer support.

Reputatie 7

Hi @tplazol Apologies for the late reply, I also responded in the other topic you commented on but I’ll post it here again just to be thorough: Hi @tplazol Apologies for the late reply! It looks like my colleague already sent out a request for a mechanic and we’ll get you online as soon as possible. If you have any questions in the meantime I’ll be happy to help!.

Hi @Brian @Waqqas - thanks for getting back to me.

Quick follow up question, because according to my landlord, the internet connection in the house should be coming from the coaxial port in the wall (see attached picture), but that wouldn’t work for DSL right?

Thanks,

Tim

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @tplazol 

This connection is used for cable internet from Ziggo or Delta.

T-mobile doesn't use this connection point because it's not for DSL.

Reageer