Beantwoord

No longer need installation service for fiber

• 21 March 2020
  • 5 reacties
  • 224 Bekeken

I live in The Hague and got fiber installed to my home. I then got my package of equipment the next day.

But then I had to wait almost a month for a technician to show-up to “install” the equipment.

Installing basically meaning plugging everything in, I went ahead and set everything up on my own and it’s working great.

I would have waited for the technician if the timing was reasonable.

How do I cancel the technician?

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 23 March 2020, 14:58

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @kingsleyadam 

Installation of fiber is normally done by a technician and not by the customer itself because if anything gets damaged it can cost you a lot of money.

Well you did it yourself and everything is working. A moderator will reply within 24/48 hours and cancel the technician for you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Hi Kingsleyadam,

Some fiber connection points needs a special cover and fibercable to work well. Can you post a picture of your fiber connection point? If the wrong cable is used problems can occur in the future.

Regards,

Marcel

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @kingsleyadam, welcome to the Community and to the Thuis club! Thanks a bunch for your outstanding patience, I know the wait hasn’t been easy thus far. Fortunately, you managed to install the package yourself. Well done, hats off to you! :smile: Normally, it’s not advisable to install Fiber on your own, considering the fragility of the components. In this case, however, and with regards to the current crisis at hand, we’ll deny the Guidion installation ticket and make sure your Fiber-line is registered as “completed”. Cheers and have fun with your subscription. Stay safe and strong! :muscle_tone2:

Hi @kingsleyadam, welcome to the Community and to the Thuis club! Thanks a bunch for your outstanding patience, I know the wait hasn’t been easy thus far. Fortunately, you managed to install the package yourself. Well done, hats off to you! :smile: Normally, it’s not advisable to install Fiber on your own, considering the fragility of the components. In this case, however, and with regards to the current crisis at hand, we’ll deny the Guidion installation ticket and make sure your Fiber-line is registered as “completed”. Cheers and have fun with your subscription. Stay safe and strong! :muscle_tone2:

Thank you! So far so great.

Thanks for allowing the community to bring and has their own hardware. It makes a huge difference in the experience of the service.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

You’re welcome @kingsleyadam! Really warms my heart to read about positive experiences in these challenging times. Thanks so much! If there’s anything else I can help you with, don’t hesitate to ask. Cheers! :smile:

Reageer