Beantwoord

[overstap service] Old provider not stopped

• 31 January 2020
  • 10 reacties
  • 257 Bekeken

Hello,

Yesterday I started my t-mobile thuis internet and I’m very happy with it. However, the old provider (ziggo) is not stopped yet, and I hoped they would stop at the same day, so that I would not double pay.

Can you help with this?

Regards,

Alex

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 5 February 2020, 18:31

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hello @alex-uta

Welcome to T-Mobile at Home and welcome to the T-mobile community
I wonder did you sign up for the T-Mobile thuis overstap service / transfer service? 

We are looking forward to your response! 

Here are some guidelines for using the transfer service: 
Provide the details of your current provider with us within three working days of your order.
Check whether the data you provide to us matches the data known to your current provider.
Check if your home address matches the delivery address.
The commencement date at T-Mobile Home may be a minimum of one month and a maximum of three months in the future. This is the agreement between the providers that can help you with a switch.
Check your current contract term. Are you still tied to a specific contract term? Then your current provider can charge a fine. So check this out.

Since you are already connected I fear that you will have to contact Ziggo yourself, unless one of the community moderators offers another solution. They usually respond upon requests within 24 to 48 hours. 

thanks for the reply.

I did use the overstap service. In fact, this is what t-mobile thuis website shows.

I hope t-mobile is able to help with this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hello @alex-uta,

Thanks for your fast response and thanks for the clarification on your end.
I’m sure one of the T-Mobile community moderators will be able to look into your case. 
As another T-Mobile customer I do not have access to your data and or details. 

T-Mobile community moderators usually respond upon requests within 24 to 48 hours.

Reputatie 7

Hi @alex-uta, I just checked your request and we notified Ziggo on 30-01-2020 at 22:19 that your transfer to us was complete. So they should have received a notification about the transfer through the transfer system all providers use. Have you contacted Ziggo about this already? They might have a delay in the processing. Should they send you back to us then let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Hey @Brian,

thanks a lot for the reply! I have just checked with Ziggo and they said that they thought the overstap was canceled and that they did not receive anything from you on January 30.

I told them that we did not cancel and that I want the Ziggo contract stopped. They said they fixed it, and it should stop now, but haven’t yet got any confirmation. Can you somehow double-check with them?

Regards,

Alex

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good evening @alex-uta! The Overstapservice was finalized on January 30th, which means the transfer has been completed. The original date of creation was January 3rd, once the plandate had been set (January 21st) we notified Ziggo that the transfer date (overstapdatum) will be January 30th. They accepted that and thus the transfer was completed on the 30th. Are you sure Ziggo didn’t stop yet? Maybe it takes them a couple of days to close the COAX-connection. 

Hi @Jason 

I’m sure. I talked to ziggo yesterday and they did not receive anything from t-mobile on January 30. 

however, they stopped my subscription yesterday,  on February 4. I have received a confirmation email about it, and apparently I have to pay the period between Jan 30-Feb 4. Fortunately that is not too much. 

So there was clearly a misunderstanding between T-mobile and Ziggo, but it is now fixed after I called them. 

regards,

Alex

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@alex-uta That is quite strange considering the fact that we have a completed transfer-file in our system which has been accepted by Ziggo. :confused: Ooh well, guess sometimes technical disruptions also play a part in the transfer service! Really sorry you’ve been inconvenienced by this. We can’t reimburse other provider’s monthly payments. What I am willing to do however, is reimburse the first week of our contract. Thanks so much for your patience and cooperativeness! Much appreciated! :smile:

@Jason thanks a lot for the help and for following this up!

regards,

Alex

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

You're welcome @alex-uta! If ever you need help with anything else, let me know. Enjoy your subscription! :smile:

Reageer