Beantwoord

Router not connecting to DSL

Sorry, I don't speak Dutch yet.
My internet was connected (aansluitdatum) on the 5th of June. Today, I finally got the router. I looked for the connection point and didn't quite find one of the three setups which are in the manual, but I clearly found the port where one should connect the router (see attached picture). I tried that and turned on the router. It seems to boot up alright and the wifi works. I can also connect to it. Even though I waited 20 mins and restarted the router several times, the DSL/Internet light never came on and I got no internet connection. I found a fixed cable attached to the installation (other picture), which I also tried, but also without success. I tried to search for the potential reasons, but didn't find anything. Just to be sure, I re-checked the status of my connection in my account online and it says that it is active and I should be able to connect. Would you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? It would be nice to finally have an internet connection after all this time and effort

Thanks!
icon

Beste antwoord door Piotr 21 June 2019, 12:00

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Hey @Moucheron,

Thank you for your message! I see that you've contact us and luckily help is on the way! Next Friday an engineer will visit you and solve this problem. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!
Hey @Moucheron,

Thank you for your message! I see that you've contact us and luckily help is on the way! Next Friday an engineer will visit you and solve this problem. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

The engineer was there, but the problem was not solved! He found it in a matter of seconds though. The problem is that my line was never connected, an issue which I specifically asked for when talking to the customer service two weeks ago and where I was assured that everything is alright in that respect! Now I have to wait another couple of days for KPN to connect my line, something that could have been triggered two weeks earlier, all the while paying a lot extra for data volume on my mobile phone (working from home). So even one month after ordering the internet and more than three weeks after it was according to t-mobile connected, I still don't have it! 😡
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Do you have a T-Mobile mobile phone subscription? If yes, T-Mobile can provide temporarily unlimited data to support you in between you are connected. Let me hear if I may arrange that for you.
Do you have a T-Mobile mobile phone subscription? If yes, T-Mobile can provide temporarily unlimited data to support you in between you are connected. Let me hear if I may arrange that for you.

I only have a Ben phone subscription, which I guess is no good in that respect. I hope that the line gets connected soon now. I just got an email, that my abonnement now works, though that might not mean much. The connection is still not working. It says that I'll get billed from this moment on though.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Hmm. It's a related brand, but I think you're right. Related, but different. Sometimes it is possible to do this though, but the customer needs to get a prepaid T-Mobile sim. Believe T-Mobile may be compensating the card as well. Just trying to think along with you. 🙂
Hmm. It's a related brand, but I think you're right. Related, but different. Sometimes it is possible to do this though, but the customer needs to get a prepaid T-Mobile sim. Believe T-Mobile may be compensating the card as well. Just trying to think along with you. :)

Thank you very much! :-)
I think I'll leave it at that and just hope that I will finally have internet next week.

Hey @Moucheron,

The engineer was there, but the problem was not solved! He found it in a matter of seconds though. The problem is that my line was never connected, an issue which I specifically asked for when talking to the customer service two weeks ago and where I was assured that everything is alright in that respect! Now I have to wait another couple of days for KPN to connect my line, something that could have been triggered two weeks earlier, all the while paying a lot extra for data volume on my mobile phone (working from home). So even one month after ordering the internet and more than three weeks after it was according to t-mobile connected, I still don't have it! 😡

A bit of update: One and a half months after ordering and exactly one month after it should have been activated, I still don't have any internet and have to pay a lot in mobile data volume just to be able to work from home. Though the engineer said the problem was with the connection in the distribution cabinet on the street, KPN sent me a mail to fix an appointment at my apartment. I made this appointment for tonight, but this morning they called me, that the engineer could not come this evening and we would have to make another appointment. Then I told them that I was confused, because the t-mobile engineer said that the problem was with the connection in the cabinet on the street and that they didn't need access to my house. She then said that they would send an engineer to that cabinet and if that didn't work, shift the appointment to Monday. Half an hour ago, I now received a call from a guy informing me that the engineer could not come to the appointment at my apartment today. Being confused why he even called me, I nevertheless asked to shift the appointment to Monday. I still have no internet, so I wonder if they actually sent someone to the connection cabinet on the street as they said or not. Summarising, while the incompetence of t-mobile is quite amazing, KPN seems to be at least a close runner-up. I will of course recommend to anyone who asks and maybe some who don't to stay away t-mobile, if they ever want to have internet.
Reputatie 7
@Moucheron Wow that's a stroke of bad luck! Has the mechanic been able to fix the connection yesterday? If you could send me a private message with your postal code and house number, your date of birth and the last four digits of your bank account then I'll see what I can do for you!
@Moucheron Wow that's a stroke of bad luck! Has the mechanic been able to fix the connection yesterday? If you could send me a private message with your postal code and house number, your date of birth and the last four digits of your bank account then I'll see what I can do for you!

On Monday, the mechanic finally managed to get the internet going. Not exactly sure what it was, but it seems it was something outside of my house, as he left for some time, came back and then it worked. Now, internet seems stable and with 47Mbps, I'm pretty close to the 50 I orderd.
Reputatie 7
Hi @Moucheron, that's good to hear! I'll gladly see to reimbursing the costs for the period your connection wasn't available. If you could send me a private message with your postal code and house number, your date of birth and the last four digits of your bank account then I'll sort that out!

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Today at 08:00 I got an SMS that I am able to use all the services but DSL is not connecting after several attempts and restarts.

I have exactly the same issue. The Internet was supposed to be activated from yesterday (Tuesday). 

I received an SMS at 08:00 saying that the line is now active. However it is not, the globe icon on the modem is not green. When I login to My Thuis I see “Je aanvraag is in behandeling”. How can it still be under process if I signed a contract which says Internet service will be active from 10th of December?
I called Tmobile immediately and they said it should come after 18:00. Of course, that did not happen. 
I called again today and they told me there is nothing they can do and that KPN must turn on the signal.

I have not signed anything with KPN nor I want to wait anymore. It is not my responsibility to wait for them nor I was given any notice about this when I signed the contract in the shop. The delivery of the service is 2 days late and it is falsingly “activated”. 

My question is, how can I return the equipment and cancel the contract?

Reputatie 7

Hey @ryzen01,

I'm sad to hear that you've experienced problems with your T-Mobile Thuis subscription. 😞 I see that you've spoken with my colleague yesterday. You wish to cancel your subscription and my colleague is going to discuss this case with his/her supervisor. We will contact you as soon as possible about the outcome. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Wish that you'd have a complete different T-Mobile Thuis experience. 

Reageer