Beantwoord

Thuis subscription cancelled without my participation

• 16 November 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 416 Bekeken

I decided to choose T-mobile as my internet operator at home, but couldn’t negotiate the date to install the glass fiber since it requires neighbours to be present at home. However, they were not available and rarely visited home, so I couldn’t come to agreement with T-Mobile to perform such installations. And then I receive an e-mail, saying that “it is a shame that you have cancelled the contract, you now owe us 75€ for that”. I was not receiving the service of internet provision, so I went to one of the offices in Amsterdam to clarify my further actions. Me and one of the workers there made a phone call to the client service to figure out the situation and renew the contract. As a result, a new contract was arranged. Given the fact that I haven’t received any equipment whatsoever, am I expected to pay this 75€ fee? I just want to install wi-fi at home, but because the timings are not matching between installation service and my

neighbours it was impossible to arrange. I am still interested in using T-Mobile and made a new contract therefore. I see this fine inapplicable to my situation.  

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 20 November 2019, 12:45

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @zviagintsev, good of you to contact us! The € 75,- termination fee is triggered automatically. I cannot prevent this from happening but I did just reimburse these costs. The fee will be charged on 28-11 and the credit will only be processed after this date. The best thing to do is to pay the fee first and you receive the money back from us in December. My apologies for the inconvenience! 

@Brian Hi Brian! Unfortunately, I haven’t received the money back in December as you promised. So I decided to do a refund through my bank. After that I received an email (in the spam section, so I only figured it out today), saying that I have 75€ to be paid still and that after 14 days (which is tomorrow) I will be penalised with 15€ extra. Scary! What shall I do now? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @zviagintsev,

Sorry to be the bringer of somewhat bad news, but the credit has been refused due to an irregularity in our billing system. I’ve re-added the credit and the outstanding debt of € 75,- will be revoked. If by some fluke the € 15,- penalty will be charged, we’ll make sure this too will be revoked/reimbursed.

Hi @zviagintsev,

Sorry to be the bringer of somewhat bad news, but the credit has been refused due to an irregularity in our billing system. I’ve re-added the credit and the outstanding debt of € 75,- will be revoked. If by some fluke the € 15,- penalty will be charged, we’ll make sure this too will be revoked/reimbursed.

Hi @Jason! Thank you! Just to clarify, was the credit directed to the account (contract) with the cancelled subscription? I am asking this because I do have another valid contract with T-Mobile Thuis. Also I wonder how much time would it take to process this transaction, because so far the outstanding balance is still € 75. Thanks once again!

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good morning @zviagintsev! The credit was indeed directed to the cancelled order. The outstanding balance will be € 75,- for a while, until the credit’s been processed. It will be deducted from the outstanding debt. So your balance will be zero soon. Don’t worry if it takes more time than you’d expect. Because your subscription has been cancelled, the system doesn’t automatically recognize the ‘to-be-deducted-from invoice’ so it might take up to 32 days after the transaction date. You’re very welcome, if I can do anything else please let me know. I’m always here to help. :relaxed:

Reageer