Beantwoord

WAN light not working

Hello,

I installed my model according to the instructions, but the WAN light is not working. My installation date was 24 May. I switched the modem on and off countless time but it doesn't help.
The wifi is on but no internet.
Please help!
icon

Beste antwoord door Sterre 29 May 2018, 12:50

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Might be an activation issue. But to be sure; did you also change the cables as deliverd in the installation package?
Hi Tavl,

What do you mean by changing the cables?
I followed all the instructions and used the cables provided in the installation package.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Sometimes cables of other brands do not work properly in the T-Mobile setup.

Did you try to reset the modem after a while? It may be the conversion from your previous serviceprovider to T-Mobile was not handled properly and the modem does not recognize the signal yet. It may help to reset the modem. When you do this plug out LAN 1-4 cables.
No I didn't have any other internet provider before, I am new here. So all the cables I used are from the installation package.
I switched the modem off and put it back on after some time, I did this many times but still no internet. It is frustrating 😞
And this is day 4 since I was supposed to have internet running.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
I understand. However it is limited I can do for you as I am a user as well.

You said you switched the modem off and on. Did you also perform a (factory) reset to the modem? When doing disconnect LAN 1-4. In most cases these buttons are small, and you have to push it with a f.e. a paperclip.

You could check the link below for more informatie:
https://forum.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/factory-reset-modem-276067
Thanks, I have done the factory reset of the modem following the instructions but the internet is not active yet!
How do I get a T-mobile agent to help me on this? I couldn't go through the customer care via their telephone number.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
There is one step you could take, but I doubt that would be it. I believe you have a DSL subscription. Are all wires in the acces point of your home connected? In my case this was an issue. Some previous resident took out the cables.

Besides webcare can check if your connection is active, and take further steps. They have been noticed.
Thanks.
I got the caretaker this morning and he checked my cable because I thought maybe that was the problem. But the caretaker told me that for all other residents the DSL switch works perfectly, that I would be the first one where the switch would be a problem. So I ruled out the problem; the caretaker advised me to contact my internet provider.

when do you think I can expect to be helped on this issue?
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
To rule it out completely; do more residents subscribed to T-Mobile Thuis?

Most of the time they will answer within 24 to 48 hours. I am sure they will help you in a short while.
Okay.
To answer you: I have no idea, I can't tell from the wifi names around me.
Reputatie 7
Hi Claire7!

I'm going to help you getting your modem on line. I want to check your account to see if there's something wrong in the connection. Could you send me your client number from T-Mobile Thuis via a private message on the Community? Thanks!
Thanks Sterre, private message sent!

Hi, I have the same no light problem. Instalation fresh new, somebody please help

Reputatie 7

Hi @machteld_jacobs, we’ll see to getting that fixed right away! I've just checked your incoming line and that seems to be fine however I'm not detecting the modem. Have you connected the modem directly to the connection point (called the ISRA, usually located in the utility closet) or is it connected to a wall socket? If this is the case then could you try connecting it directly to the ISRA?  

Hi! Is connected to a wall socket. I will see to connect to the ISRA later on today (: I will post back here when is connected

And then I have the point  in the wall where it is connected to. Still no globe light

Reageer