Beantwoord

Zyxel T50 installed with Wandcontact but no "Globe" light....

• 25 September 2020
  • 30 reacties
  • 505 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 16 reacties

Hi…

Connect the T50 with Wandconnect to the wall but weirdly the “Globe” does not light up.

I think I used the DSL cable to connect correctly though.

Can you advise what might be the problem? Is it possible that the the socket on the wall does not function? Thank you

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 25 September 2020, 21:21

Bekijk origineel

30 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Snevy 

You are using the grey DSL cable and if is connected to the DSL port of your modem?

Has the installation date according to your T-Mobile account passed so the lime should be active?

If all is good could you open the wall socket and upload a picture here of the wiring?

Aah...you are right..they are NOT wired….

Can you suggest me how to do? Thank you

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy

Photo 1 is connected but can you remove the white wire completely which is connected with the transparent wire under 1 point. 

Let me know if it helped.

1. Do you mean PHOTO1 shows it is correctly connected?
  1. Can you explain more clearly about “remove the while cable connected with the transparent wire under 1 point” What is 1 point?
Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy 

On photo one it is connected correctly but the white wire could cause problems.

On the left side on photo 1 where the white wire is connected there is also a transparent wire connected. Leave the transparent wire connected and remove the white wire, also take it out on the other side where it is connected.

So take out the white wire.

I am going to unwire the WHITE line...This is what you meant?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy 

Exactly, and take it out above aswell where the transparent wire is connected.

Removed the white line completely….as you can see below.

Only black and transparent lines there..

I try to plug but still the “globe” does not light up…what do you suggest me to do?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy 

Have you removed the power from the modem and restarted?

An alternative is on the second photo you posted earlier there is a white wire connected on the right and transparent on the left, remove them both. Connect white instead of black and connect the transparent wire instead of the other transparent wire.

Restarted but no Globe.

Do you mean

1. Connect White in Photo 2 to Photo 1?
  2. Connect Transparent in Photo 2 to Photo 1?  
Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy 

Yes. And unwire the current black and transparent in photo.1.

1. Unwire all.
  2. Rewire White and transparent in Photo2 like below. But does not work...

Q1, there are only two WIRES connecting to the Wandconnect?

Q2, While there are many wires of different colors, White and Transparent are the ones for signals?

Thank you 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy

To check if this socket does work or not you can connect the other black and transparent to the connection box which is in the installation package you received and afterwards if it doesn't work try the white and transparent wires which you have connected now.

On one of these 2 combinations there should be signal normally

And yes there are 2 wires connected always.

The black and transparent wires which are now not comnected have signal normally and the white and transparent wires which are connected now is an alternative.

Do you mean this box? And do I do correctly?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy

Yes, does it work? Try black on red and transparent on blue.

If not try the other white and transparent

Here you are…..

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy

If you have tried both these combinations on that connection box from T-Mobile and it still doesn't work it looks like you are not receiving signal then.

As I asked earlier did you check your T-Mobile account to see the installatiedatum ( date on which your connection is active)?

Black on red transparent on blue

White on red transparent on blue

This is also what I am doubtful...when I tried to understand the meaning below.

Does it mean the connection is active when I was told Sep/25 to start?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy 

Is 25 september mentioned on that page? Your connection is supposed to be active before 6 pm then.

Yes, it should have been active but …

Not sure if you can check whether this is activated or not GKA86295

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Snevy

I'm not a moderator so I can't check this but according to the message above your line should be active now.

Tried both combinations on the connection box from T-Mobile?

Try black on red and transparent on blue or black on blue and transparent on red

Alternative white on red and transparent on blue or transparent on red and white on blue.

If nothing works you'll have to wait for a moderator to reply.

I tried what you suggested….and none of them does work...I am thinking if KPN signal comes in?

Try black on red and transparent on blue or black on blue and transparent on red

Alternative white on red and transparent on blue or transparent on red and white on blue.

But, I found the similar discussion: https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/dsl-wiring-in-socket-313538

It mentioned that there are 2 options. grey Transparant and Black Transparant. Put them in A and B.”…

So, there are Grey, Black/Transparent, White/Transparent...How can I try Grey with which transparent?

Reputatie 7

Here you are…..

You have 2 options the left and right pair.

if that doen’t work there is a small possebillity there is a other isra point. it is more likely that there is no signal commimg to your home. because of a error in the infra

Reageer