Beantwoord

Fiber not available for 2 months more

• 3 May 2021
  • 9 reacties
  • 153 Bekeken

Hi, around a month ago I requested to change my internet connection to a new home and the change was supposed to be effective on the 30th of April.

Now I am without internet and when I contacted Customer Service through the chat this morning, they asked me to make an appointment with VolkerWessels Telecom to arrange the connection at my place.

I calle them and they could only tell me that the connection is going to be available in a 1-2 months period, most likely 2 months.

I reached Customer Service through chat again and they told me that the only option is to wait and they gave me a 7 day voucher for unlimited data on my phone plan (which I was already paying for as I need internet for working remotely and that’s the only thing I could arrange to work).
I’ve also been in one of your shops and they told me that the only option is to wait or to get a 4G router with a minimum contract of 1 year.

In the meantime, I’m aware that many of my neighbours have a DSL connection with T-Mobile, VolkerWessels claims that the DSL network is in place, and I still have my old T-Mobile DSL router with me since the move. So T-Mobile only has to enable the connection for 1-2 months until the fiber is arranged.

In one of the chats, they told me that enabling DSL is no longer an option from when fiber is already available, but it’s obvious that fiber is not available yet.

So I’m looking for T-Mobile to provide me with some an alternative as relying on my phone for 2 months is not an option for me. I have some servers and other devices that need constant conection at home and I also need to take the phone with me when I leave the house.
I’ve been a T-Mobile customer for a few years now and I have both my phone and internet conection with you. If you cannot provide the service that you promise then I am afraid I will have to look for options with other providers. And if that’s the case, I expect you to waive the permanency in my phone contract, so I can take advantage of joint discounts that other providers have and that you seem to not be able to provide me any longer

icon

Beste antwoord door Lisa 6 May 2021, 11:33

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @jacintogm84, thanks a lot for sharing your story on our Community! I want to help you as good as possible, so I directly chased one of my colleagues from the technical department. I asked if it is possible to speed up the proces at VolkerWessels, but sadly we can't speed it up. Because I really want to help you with a good solution, I would like to offer your two Unlimited Data vouchers at a time instead of one. So you can also create a hotspot with another device that is permanently  in your house, so your servers stay connected all the time. Please let me know if I can make you happy with this solution, so I can send them over via a private message. If you have any further questions as well, please ask them! 💪

Hi @Lisa, thanks for the reply!
I’m afraid I don’t have a second device that I can use for that purpose. No secondary device with a SIMcard :(
Is it not possible to enable temporarily the DSL connection at the address while the fiber infrastructure is ready? As I said, I still have my old DSL router, so I could just plug the router if you can enable the line on your side.

Another option would be to get the 4g router for only a couple of months. For me it’s fine to cover the cost of that as long as it doesn’t come with a minimum year contract as I just need it as a temporary solution.

Reputatie 7

Hi @jacintogm84, thanks a lot for your quick response! I wish it was possible to do that, so I could arrange that for you. However it is indeed not possible to enable the DSL connection temporarily. It also isn’t possible to use a 4G Router for only a couple of months. This is because a minimum contract of a year is obligated. However I do have another option for you, which I hope you would be enthusiastic about. My advice would be to buy a 4G Router to your preference, where you can put an T-Mobile SIM card in, so it can function as your router. Because with an Unlimited Internet voucher it just feels like your have unlimited Wifi at your place. I hope this will be a good solution for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions for me. For now, I wish you a lovely weekend! 🎈

Hi @Lisa, I will go for that option. 
I just ordered a router and a prepaid SIMcard from T-Mobile and everything should be ready in 2 days. In the meantime, the 7-day voucher that I got to use with my phone expired today. 
Could you provilde me with the vouchers already? or better to wait until the router arrives.

Feel free to reach me in private for that.

Reputatie 7

Hi @jacintogm84, perfect! Great to hear that this will be a suitable solution for you, until Fiber is arranged at your address. I will send you the 7-day Unlimited Data voucher right away in a private message. So you can use it already on your phone and when the router arrives, you can use it for the router. I’ll will slide into your DM! 😊

@Lisa , i will need another voucher. No news about the internet connection yet 😔

Could you send it to me in private?

Reputatie 7

Hi @jacintogm84, I sent you a new code into your DM! Thanks a lot for letting me know. I want to let you know that I checked in with one of my colleagues of the technical department about the status at VolkerWessels Telecom. I asked if it is possible to speed up this process for you. As soon as I receive an update on this, I will let you know. I really hope I can arrange something for you to speed things up! 🤞

Reputatie 7

Hi @jacintogm84, I wanted to let you know that me and my colleague sent a request to VolkerWessels Telecom today so we can provide you with a clear answer. I really hope we will receive a reaction with some good news real soon. I will be on top of this, so I’ll keep you posted! 

Reputatie 7

Hi @jacintogm84, I just checked your case again and I see an update! We received a response from VWT. The reason that you have to wait for so long is because the preliminary work hasn't been finalized yet. No cable has been laid that is intended for the apartment complex. So it's not been reported as technically ready or welded yet. Unfortunately you have to wait a bit longer until this is completed. I wish I could give you some better news. However, I love to provide you every week with a new voucher so you can use your 4G router! 

Reageer