Beantwoord

Geen Internet Connectie 2564EP rood lampje op Zyxel T-50

• 24 February 2021
  • 11 reacties
  • 227 Bekeken

Sorry, but I don't speak Dutch.

I have no inernet connection since yesterday on my house. My modem is a Zyxel T50 and the light under the globe is red. Also on the media converter the FO Link light is off. I already called 3x the customer service and nobody can give me an answer or when they will fix it and I need to wok from home. I cant use my cellphone as a router

icon

Beste antwoord door Cal van Odido 27 February 2021, 16:11

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bruno Placha,

Don't worry about, English is not a problem at all. :relaxed: Sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing right now. Have you already tried to change the 8 dipswitches in the red box on top of the black Media Converter? 

Media Converter

There are 3 possible alternatives:

• 3 and 4 are up.
  • 1 and 6 are up.
  • 2, 4, 5, 6 are up.

I'd recommend you  to try one of the other options, and preferably the 1 and 6 or 3 and 4. Once you changed the switches, it's best to plug out the power cable from the Media Converter and the modem. After 30 seconds you can plug back the power cable into the Media Converter and after another 30 seconds you can plug back the power cable of the modem as well.

If this tip is to no avail, I would love to have a personal look at your connection, but you haven't linked your Community profile to your T-Mobile Thuis subscription yet. Therefore I would recommend you to send me a private message containing the following details:

• Zip code and house number.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The last four digits of your IBAN.

To send me a private message, please click on my profile and press the button that says “stuur bericht” right next to the button called “volg gebruiker.”

Hopefully we can get you back online soon!

Hello @Cal, I have tried all combinations that you mention and none worked. I sent you a private message with the details that you requested. just to mention that I have called T-mobile on Feb 23 to inform the lack of internet and the helpdesk gave me 5 days to have answers which I still don't have. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hey @Bruno Placha, I just saw & reacted to your private message. Sorry for the delay, but I'm happy that a mechanic is dispatched!

UPDATE - Yesterday I received 1 technician at my home that should have tested my equipment but he got in the house, looked to the media converter, and said “ you have no signal coming in. I will check something and come back in 1hour” (I told TMobile that I have no signal coming in my first call). I'm still waiting for him to come back. I called the help desk again and apparently, the technician opens a repair ticket with T mobile team now which again there is no estimated time to be completed. so basically, T mobile raised a ticket to guideon which raised a ticket to T mobile which will raise a ticket to the infrastructure owner, and I'm already 8 days using my cellphone as a hotspot to be able to work. It is really hard for me to understand how T mobile Help Desk team has no access to the technical team to check the status of the reparation.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Bruno Placha, that's not how our technicians should communicate. Unless the situation is fixable on the same day due to a minor issue/bug being the culprit, technicians usually don't return on the same day. What's more, it seems like the issue's related to a discrepancy in the main distribution center and that's something which the grid operator, KPN NetwerkNL, has to fix. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and wrongful communication on our part!

Has anyone given you an update in the last couple of days? My colleague Cal is on a short leave and won't be back till next Friday, so I'll gladly take over from him for the time-being. Please let me know if I can help, thanks in advance!

Hello @Jason, I call almost every day to the helpdesk to see if there is an estimated date to have this fixed but nobody can give me a straight answer besides that there is no estimated date.

Also, I would need a renewal on my wife's 7 days unlimited data voucher since she needs to use her mobile as well to connect her laptop.

Hello @Jason, I just spoke with KPN NetwerkNL and they told me that T Mobile isn't using the Fiber Optic cable from KPN. T Mobile is using an old cable and due to that KPN can't send anybody to fix that.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Bruno Placha, I'll send you a new voucher shortly, sorry for the delay on my part! 

Regarding the Fiber Optic cable: that shouldn't occur, are you using our Fiber-network (ODF T-mobile) or KPN's (WBA)? If you're using KPN's network, they're responsible for the networking cables and everything else, that's not to say the cable's not outdated, but merely stating that the reason behind this shouldn't prevent them from processing your case. Anyway, I'll gladly check out what the current status is by thoroughly investigating your connection: can you please forward the initial private message you sent to Cal so I can take a closer look at your profile?

Thanks so much and I'm sorry you're receiving contradicting statements from both parties.

Hello @Jason . I just received a Technician here at my house that fixed the internet. I already got the voucher as well with the helpdesk team.

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @Bruno Placha , great that the technician have fixed the Internet at your place! If you need any help in the future, you can always ask your questions here on the Community. We're always here to help! :grinning:

Reageer