Beantwoord

Internet frequently getting disconnected

• 20 August 2020
  • 26 reacties
  • 653 Bekeken

Hi,

Since this morning my internet has been disconnected a couple of times. It came back after 5 minutes or so after turning on/off the modem.

I hope it doesn’t go away the third time. Is it an issue at my area only? (postal code: XXXX)

Best regards,

Ali

Moderator edit: please don't add personal info to a public post, thanks! 

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 21 August 2020, 10:06

Bekijk origineel

26 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @alisiddiqi87 

Do you have a fiber or DSL connection?

There are no issues with T-Mobile according to the website. If you are on the KPN network maybe they are doing some maintenance?

Thanks for the response. It is a DSL connection. 

Also, there were no further issues observed since my last post.

Reputatie 2

I had the same problem this morning. Living
in the Rotterdam regio.

Reputatie 7

Hi @alisiddiqi87, good to hear your connection stabilized. I am however seeing a non-optimal physical connection. Is the modem directly connected to the ISRA (connection point) with the short cable labeled ‘DSL’? If you are using a wall socket then try connection the modem directly to the ISRA.

@Schraper Your connection looks to be stable for the last 8 hours. If you're still experiencing problems let me know!

Reputatie 2

Yes my connection is ok. Only yesterdaymorning there were problems for a few minutes.

Hi @Brian ,

Yes it is directly connected to the connection point (following the procedure in page 7 and 8 : https://www.t-mobile.nl/consumer/media/pdf/klantenservice/contact/brochures-formulieren/thuis/handleiding-installatie-dsl-snel-van-start.pdf)

Was my connection always non-optimal or is it a recent observation?

Cheers,

Ali

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good morning @alisiddiqi87, the non-optimal physical connection seems to be a re-occurring matter which has arisen in the last couple of days, but has been subdued since yesterday. No worries though, it doesn't seem to affect your overall Internet-connection. In fact, your current, actual bitrate (maximum download speed at your address) is 51.9 Mbit/s whereas you're Internet-subscription's for Internet Basic which has a max speed of 20 Mbit/s. This sometimes happens when the network administrator, KPN NetwerkNL, changes ports or performs maintenance in the local distribution center. So basically, you're lucky to have been upgraded - if only temporarily! 😊👍

Thanks for the update @Jason :)

Reputatie 2

Just a half jour ago I didn't have internet for about 15 minuten. My home telephone was workng so the connection between modem and the T mobile network was ok.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@Schraper Are you still experiencing problems with your internet connection, or is it solved? Please let us know so we can help you further.

Reputatie 2

No problems on the moment. Thanks.

In the past week, we had the same issue. The internet keeps disconnecting despite restarting the converter and the modem. It gets disconnected for around one minute and it reconnected itself. 
I tried all the tips mentioned on the website but none of them is working. 
Can you help?

best regards

Ahmadreza

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Ahmadreza.marandi, welcome to the Community!

I've checked your connection and have analyzed your network, it doesn't seem like the disconnects have occurred any more, is that correct? The modem's been online for three consecutive days without interruption. Please let me know if I can help you, I'm always eager to help! 

Hi @Jason 

I was waiting to make sure that the situation is resolved. The first few days it was okay but it became unstable again. It keeps getting disconnected and any remedy I knew (restarting converter and modem) didn’t help. 

Is it just me? It is really annoying to have such connections while all works and meetings are online.

Best regards 

Ahmadreza

Reputatie 7

Hi @Ahmadreza.marandi ,

Thanks for your message! I’ve taken action right away and measured your connection. I can see that there’s indeed clutter on your line, which can result in a unstable connection. I want to make sure our technical services can investigate your line and fix the issue for you. To be able to do so, I need a little more information on how the modem is connected to the FTU. Can you explain to me how the situation looks at the moment? With this information I can take the necessary steps to make your connection stable again.

Hi @Boris 

The fiber cable goes through the FTU box and then it goes to the SX/LX MEDIA convertor. A UTP cable  goes from the converter to the ZYXEL modem. 
Do you need more information?

Best regards 

Ahmadreza 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Ahmadreza.marandi ,

Thanks for your reply! Because you keep experiencing trouble with your line, I’ve made sure our technical department has started an investigation. We’re measuring a unstable connection ourselves too. We’ll investigate the matter and come up with the best solution as soon as possible. A stable connection is a must! I’m keeping my eyes on this investigation, so if there’s any update, I’ll let you know. Please let me know if you have any questions. We’re here for you!

Hi @Boris 

Is there any update on the investigation? It seems the problem with the internet still exists and the internet is supper unstable (every hour it gets disconnected).

Is there a way I can follow the process?

best regards 

Ahmadreza

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ahmadreza.marandi I see that there's a technician coming your way on January 13th to test some things to solve the problem. It's not possible for customers to follow the process, but when you ask for an update, we can always check it for you!:relaxed:

Hi @Boris and @Demi 

indeed, a technician came but the internet is still unstable! Should I do something in particular?

Best

Ahmadreza

Reputatie 7

Hi @Ahmadreza.marandi ,

Thanks for your message! I’m sorry that the visit of the technician hasn’t solved to problem yet. We’re measuring your connection as a stable one and with the technicians help, the clutter on the line has been resolved. 

Because you’re still experiencing a troubled connection, I’ve taken a look into the connection once more and see that a device connected to the first LAN port is causing trouble. This device seems to be the dish washer. Does disconnecting this device bring any more stability to the connection? Please let me know. 

Hi @Boris 

Dishwasher doesn’t seem to be the problem. I have disconnected it for three days now but the internet is still unstable!

It is so strange. Any guess what can be the issue?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Ahmadreza.marandi, two devised connected to the Wifi are causing a lease time error and that disrupts the general connection. The modem's also been online for twelve days straight, can you please try disconnecting the modem for about 20 seconds. That usually does the trick.

If it still doesn't work properly, please let me know. We'll get to the bottom of this, I'm certain!

Hi,

My Internet (DSL connection) is frequently getting disconnected, or being very slow since last night. Is this a known issue?

Best regards,

Ali

Reputatie 7

Hi @alisiddiqi87 ,

Good thing of you to notify us. I really want to make sure your connection is as stable as it was before. I've taken a look from our side and see a stable connection coming in for some time now. Are you still experiencing trouble with your connection? We've got some handy tips on our Wiki page to make sure the connection is as stable as possible: 

Please be aware that the page is in Dutch, but a quick translation tool might do the trick! If you still experience trouble after going through the above tips, please let us know. One of us will take the steps needed to help you out! 

Reageer