Beantwoord

internet not working (red light)

• 29 September 2020
  • 21 reacties
  • 263 Bekeken

Hi 

Does anyone know there is any maintenance break or something because I don’t have internet. And I have my school online. I have wifi signal but without internet. I live in Leeuwarden.

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 2 October 2020, 15:19

Bekijk origineel

21 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @schell.viktor 

There are no issues with T-Mobile thuis according to the storingstopic, did you check your T-Mobile account under actuele storingen to see if there are any issues or maintenance on the KPN network?

Have you also removed the power from your modem or mediaconverter in case of Fiber for about 20 seconds?

Hi @Waqqas 

Yes I did a few times I unplugged everything wait even a minute plugged it in. And still nothing I also check my account there is nothing. I also called the T-Mobile contact number. They don’t know what is it. Because the internet light is green so it should be internet in the house. I got the number of Guidion (company) made an appointment but that’s on 5th of October. And I have only classes I have work online. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@schell.viktor 

Do you have fiber or DSL?

Have you checked if the cables are connected correctly?

So if DSL then the DSL cable goes to the DSL port of your modem.

If fiber are all lights on on the mediaconverter and the internet cable from the mediaconverter is going to the WAN port of your modem?

I have fiber and I unplugged and put them back every cable 

@Waqqas all should be green?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

It should work if everything is connected correctly.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Waqqas all should be green?

Switch 3 and 4 should be on on the other side of your mediaconverter.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@schell.viktor 

Could you try changing the internet cable between modem and mediaconverter if possible?

Only the LAN cable I will try now

Because I am using CAT7 and I have an CAT 5e

I did it 

Reputatie 7

Hi @schell.viktor, hmm that’s strange, I’ve checked the connection remotely and everything seems to be in order. Even the Wifi device get’s detected and get’s assigned a IP from the modem so you should be able to connect. If it’s currently not working then I’m afraid we’ll have to wait for the mechanic to figure out what’s wrong.

Thank you for all the help now it works. Still slower than it should be but at least it works.

@Brian And there is no internet again second time in this week.

@Waqqas @Brian and today it’s the same no internet. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

HI @schell.viktor, it looks like there's an issue with the incoming signal. Thanks for the photo's, that clears up a lot!

If I understand you correctly, both Wifi and wired Internet don't work, is that correct? Does it occur at random or does it not work at all right now? I think we'll have to wait till the technician solves the issue. Does the FO-link LED light up on the Media Converter? 

The wifi isn’t working and the wired the same. But every night it comes back and in the morning it’s the same no internet.

Now the FO light is orange and sometimes it’s blinking. But I will check when there is no internet.

Reageer