Beantwoord

Linksys router Fibreoptic internet

I recently had T-mobile Fibre installed and my current setup is a Linksys EA8300 router, with the old T-mobile Huawei as a bridge (this is how the T-mobile engineer installed it). 

Is there a way to just use the Linksys without the other modem? I read about using the VLAN settings but not sure what T-mobile’s are. 

Thanks

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 28 April 2021, 10:04

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @seandehay 

If the Linksys is a vlan capable router then you can directly connect it to the mediaconverter using vlan 300 for internet and vlan 640 for IPTV.

Telephone will not work on your own modem.

Hi @Waqqas,

Thanks for the reply, it’s just internet we have. Below are the options I have:

So I change the Trunk to 300. Do I need to change any of the Ethernet VLAN’s as I’m using powerline adapters?

Thanks 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @seandehay 

Try vlan 300 tagged priority 0 and profile manual to see of it works.

Restart your router afterwards.

You can leave the Ethernet vlans empty.

Thanks @Waqqas, I’ll give that a try today! 

Reputatie 7

Hi @seandehay ,

Would you let us know if it worked out? I’m curious myself! 😊

Hi @Boris,

Yep worked perfectly! Thanks @Waqqas for the advice :thumbsup:

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Great to hear and enjoy 😉

Hi @Waqqas,

Coming back to this one, any idea why the Linksys would throttle the wired speed? Overall speed is low (around half what the 1000mbps should be) so raised a case with T-mobile. 

However the Linksys wired speed is much slower than the older Hauwei modem. Any ideas?

Reputatie 7

Hi @seandehay, really nice to see how @Waqqas is helping you out! I’m happy to help you further as well. Thanks for notifying, because you shouldn’t experience a slower wired speed with your Linksys router. However I would advise you - if you are still using the setup with the Huawei in the bridge mode - to test with a managed switch behind the Linksys. I also would like to see the result of a speedtest when the Huawei modem is directly wired. Can you please send me a screenshot of the speedtest? Please keep this in mind: 

- The computer has to be connected via ethernet-cable, we can't use a speedtest made at a TV of gaming console.
- We use the speedtest.net speedtest.
- Make sure that the screenshot shows that your computer is connected with a cable by showing the icon of the cabled connection on your computer.

Thanks a lot for the effort. Please let me know if you have any further questions as well! 💪

Hi @Lisa,

Thanks for getting in touch! I actually took the Linksys out of bridge mode and connected it straight to the media converter, but the speeds still seemed super low. I re-ran the tests with the Huawei and only seemed to be getting 200mbps wireless and around 400-500mbps wired. I’ll be running the test again this evening with the Huawei as this was what I was advised to do so I’ll copy the results into here for you as well. 

Thanks for your help so far :) 

Reageer