Beantwoord

New Router

• 5 March 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 228 Bekeken

Hello,

Around 5 years ago i started my subscription (500mb/s fiberglass - originally Vodafone then moved to T-mobile), this type of subscription seems no more available at the moment.

At that time i was provided with a Draytek Vigor 2132F that also offers only Max 300mb/s per modem specs.

I would like to know if, after so many years, i could receive a new router with perhaps better specs and maybe even 5ghz and wifi 5/6?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 5 March 2021, 17:09

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Andrea_D 

The newest modem of T-Mobile is a Zyxel which has 2,4 and 5 GHz and mesh functionality but if there isn't anything working correctly on you Draytek I don't rhink you'll receive a newer one.

You can always purchase your own router with vlan cabability along with a mediaconverter.

https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-algemeen-490/glasvezel-draytek-vervangen-met-je-eigen-router-met-vlan-297061

Hello @Andrea_D 

but if there isn't anything working correctly on you Draytek I don't rhink you'll receive a newer one.

Thanks for the suggestion, so i should throw out of the window my old one and call customer services to get a new one, I see...

I was (naively) hoping that after supporting this company for 5+ year, and seeing how technologies evolves, I would be ENTITLED (!!!) of a new one for free.. but I forgot this is The Netherlands, and good luck having anything for free in this country after all..

It’s absurd paying and using a 5+ yo device, while if I were to subscribe now i would receive a new one.

In my home country I was getting a new one every 3/5 years, even Sky has been giving me a new decoder every few years… because again technology changes and your customer should not be left using older devices!!

Furthermore.. it’s 5years I’m paying for a 500mb/s plan, while the modem I was provided can hold max 300mb/s, this is even more annoying because for all these years, I’ve been paying for a service that I have never fully received, this should be enough for a lawsuit already in my opinion.. 
You can’t make a subscription module, and then provide a modem that is not able to hold such speed!!

So the least I could ask/deserve now, is a new modem! and no I am not going to buy one, I’d rather try my luck and request one new already.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andrea_D 

Welcome to the community forum of T Mobile.

You can recognize T Mobile officials on the T Mobile logo behind there names. So note i am not a employee.

The Draytek modems are perfectly capable to receive 1000Mbps (1,25Gbps according the specs) the only thing is you can not receve this speeds wirelessly nor is there any guarantee about wifi speeds by any internet provider.

I agree that a new modem is faster on wireless, 200-500Mbps is more normal on the new modem in comparison the 40-80Mbps on the Draytek.

Lets hope T Mobile is willingly to swap it. 

Reageer