Beantwoord

No internet - red light on modem

• 25 February 2020
  • 7 reacties
  • 781 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hello, I have home ADSL internet installed. Sometimes I have connection after rebooting modem, sometimes no, mostly there is NO connection (red light). How it works - I do not understand. Interesting, that I can logon on my t-mobile, change parameters of wi-fi - it works remotely, via internet. But still no interned on modem. What can it me?

icon

Beste antwoord door alex096 26 February 2020, 09:18

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @alex096,

Welcome to the Community, like @Waqqas said: it sometimes takes a bit longer than expected to setup a proper, solid connection. Thanks so much for your patience, if there’s anything we can help you with, please let us know. We’d be more than happy to help! :smile:

@Waqqas Thanks voor je snelle reacties, as usual! :blush: ​​​​​​​

Thank you for the clarification and prompt replays. Everything works now, hopefully won’t have more problems :) 

Hello, my WiFi is out. Red line on the box. Is there an outage or something I should do? I’ve already unplugged but didn’t help

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @alex096 

How is your modem connected to your ISRA and are you using the grey DSL cable that came with the modem?

The main KPN cable mostly enters your house in the fuse box and you'll see something like 1st from right for example, from there there goes a cable to your ISRA like the 2nd from right for example which can be found in your living room or somewhere else. Make sure there is nothing in between and you could also open the wall socket to see if everything is connected properly if you have one. Only red and blue need to be connected and other wires which are connected can be removed as they can cause problems, also other cables which are not connected or connected but not in use can cause problems. Or are you using the installation box? Make sure it goes straight to your main KPN line.

You can also post a photo of your connections so we can look.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Aine.dolan, currently we are receiving notifications that some of our customers are experiencing internet outage. We are investigating the cause and the solution. In this topic we will keep you updated: Problemen vast Internet 1 maart 2021

Problem seems to be solved - I just had to have a while, very long, then it turned greed. Would be good to understand the physics of it, why connecting to internet is so long.

P.S. my connection should be perfect, I had mechanic yesterday, the problem seems to be on logic & access layer ;)

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

That's great news!, the Zyxel modem takes a bit longer to setup a connection.

Reageer