Beantwoord

Public DNS for LS CX tv

• 21 November 2020
  • 5 reacties
  • 145 Bekeken

I just a lg cx tv and it required to connect to google dns otherwise lg services do not connect.

I am trying to change by default dns on tv but it stops working after a while. Looks like being blocked by t-mobile. Is it possible to use public dns and can I change it in the router settings itself?

DNSs i am interested in are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

my router is DretTek vigor2132f.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 21 November 2020, 21:20

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Satyajeet99 

You can apply the change in your modem, no problem. Many people have done it and even moderators recommend irt in some cases.

Hello @Satyajeet99 ,

I think that you have the same problem like all the people with their LG tv.

This topic : Hoe kan ik de tijd veranderen  this topic is only in Dutch.(you can use Google translate:wink: )

T-Mobile is working to solve this problem. When they have solved the problem you can find  it in the topic .

@soepkip67 

No, my time us correct on the modem. Please share the link with LG TV problems if you have.

Thanaks.

Hello @Satyajeet99 

That's possible.

LAN > General Setup > Next to LAN1 choose "Details Page". Under "DNS Server IP Address"  enter the 2 DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

After saving the settings restart your modem.

Hello @Waqqas 

I did this change on my TV, it works for a while and then stops working. I will try this on router directly but are you sure that T-Mobile allows this change? I am not sure if they can check this and block internet. Thats what I think is happening on my TV. Or there can be some problem with the TV itself.

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Satyajeet99 ,

I think that you have the same problem like all the people with their LG tv.

This topic : Hoe kan ik de tijd veranderen  this topic is only in Dutch.(you can use Google translate:wink: )

T-Mobile is working to solve this problem. When they have solved the problem you can find  it in the topic .

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Satyajeet99 

That's possible.

LAN > General Setup > Next to LAN1 choose "Details Page". Under "DNS Server IP Address"  enter the 2 DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

After saving the settings restart your modem.

Reageer