Beantwoord

Slow internet connection even with the cable

• 15 January 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 192 Bekeken

I have T-Mobile house fiber contract, which should be delivering 1000Mbps. After the installation, this speed was never reached, the speed is less then 30% of the contract speed, even with cable connected directly to the router. (Cat 5E - OEM made)

I tried contacting T-Mobile tech support many times, even shared the “Handleiding bij snelheidsproblemen” information by email. It have been more then one week ago, I didn’t receive any reply. I don’t know what to do anymore...I’m very disapointed with T-Mobile.

As you can see bellow, I have 1000M from the fiber on WAN, but the router is delivering 100M on LAN and 450Mbps on Wifi 2.4G. Is the router missing some configuration or broken? It used to work perfectly in my previous home.

By the way, it was already reset to factory settings, it didn’t solve the problem.

I already tried 2 different converter settings, DIP 3 & 4 ON and DIP 1 & 6 ON, in both cases the result is the same.

Find bellow the speed test result with cable.

icon

Beste antwoord door Hidden.nld 16 January 2021, 22:50

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Bellow you can see the result of speed test using 5G, in theory the highest it can get from my router. It’s still half the contracted speed.

I tested with my personal laptop (Cable/Wifi), work station (Cable/Wifi), android smathphone and IPhone, none of the cases the speed it at least 80% of the contract speed, so I don’t think it’s a problem with the network card. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@Rafael Duarte Limeira use the speedtest.net desktop app. if the speed is still not ok please start computer in savemode

Find bellow the speed test result with SpeedTest desktop app on savemode. I couldn’t enable Wifi on savemode, so the results are with Ethernet cable.

Find bellow the result with the app using Wifi 5G on normal mode.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@Rafael Duarte Limeira the maximum speed between your modem and pc is 100Mbps in order to receve higher speeds check your cable and networkcard capebillities

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@Rafael Duarte Limeira check your network card and try a other utp cable. the link speed is 100Mbps. 450Mbps on 2,5Ghz is extremely fast as it s the theoretically maximum speed on 2,5Ghz (almost impossible)  

Reageer