Beantwoord

Very slow upload and download speed of fiber optic premium subscription

• 20 January 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 337 Bekeken

I subscribed to internet premium home T-mobile in Enschede 2 days ago and based on the contract, the download and upload speed is up to 1000mbps. However, the download speed and upload speed i received is under 7mbps. Additionally its gotten even worse with download speed around 3mbps and upload speed still under 7mbps. The upload and download speed does not even reach 10% of top speed based on the contract. I find this is disappointing. What even worse is my mobile subscription using huawei is faster than the premium fiber optic home internet. The download speed is 22.48mbps and upload speed is 27.01 mbps

Also i tried to restart the modem and converter many times to see if there are any difference. Using lan cable to check the internet speed. Unfortunately i dont see any difference.

I already have appointment with Guidion to install my zyxel modem. So I assume everything suppose to work properly.

icon

Beste antwoord door Hidden.nld 21 January 2021, 07:53

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7

@jwicaksana try to change te mediaconvertor settings. to 1-6 or 3-4. you have to turn off the mediaconvertor before changing

Thanks, it is better,  but the download speed is only around 30% of top speed should i expect this?

Reputatie 5

There are more problems in the region (enschede), ive got systematic problems in the evening between 19:00 and 23:00.

@MetaframeNL ah, but that is my top speed. i checked it in the morning and evening

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @jwicaksana, are you testing via ethernet-cable? Please try connecting a cat 5e or higher to the laptop/desktop computer with which you're testing and make sure to use the Ookla app (on the speedtest.net website). 

If you're still receiving the same results, let me know and I'll make sure to let our tech-guys check the connection. Thanks in advance and stay safe!

Reageer