Beantwoord

Cannot set password for my WiFi's

• 21 March 2021
  • 2 reacties
  • 109 Bekeken

Hello,

I followed all instructions to set the usernames and passwords for all 4 WiFi’s (2.4G, 5G, Guest 2.4G, Guest 5G). However, after multiple tries, restarts, reconnecting cables, my 2.4G and 5G WiFi’s are still not protected by any password…

Initially, right after the technician installed the modem, I could change the usernames/passwords by going through 192.168.1.1, but few hours later they are no longer modifiable. After searching on the T-Mobile Help page I tried modifying the password on the website (the Zyxel way), but after several times of retyping in the complex passwords the two WiFi’s are still unprotected...

I am a generous guy but I am not in favor to share my paid internet bandwidth with people around the place. Anyone who can help or had similar experience please share. Thanks in advance. 

Model name
VMG8825-T50
Firmware version
V5.50 (ABPY.1) b15_20201207
icon

Beste antwoord door yalerta 22 March 2021, 13:24

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Vantw 

Have you seperated 2,4 and 5 Ghz yourself and have you tried to change the passwords for the 2 networks with guest WiFi disabled?

Maybe you could try a factory reset if nothing helps by pressing the reset button on the back of your modem for around 10 seconds using a small object.

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

@Vantw 

Maybe this will help you out? My modem will not switch to English.

Reageer