Beantwoord

No internet on Smart TV

• 23 January 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 159 Bekeken

We lost internet connection on our Samsung TV,  but we still have internet everywhere else.
We tried switching the internet cable for the one we use on our PC (which is also connected to the same router as our TV, and where the internet still works just fine) but it still does not work.
We also tried turning the TV and router on and of and still nothing.
Can anybody help us fix this problem?

icon

Beste antwoord door Sander 25 January 2022, 11:53

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @katarinaigor 

Which T-Mobile modem do you have and does WiFi work on the Samsung TV? You could also try to reset the network settings on the TV?

Hello @katarinaigor 

Which T-Mobile modem do you have and does WiFi work on the Samsung TV? You could also try to reset the network settings on the TV?

We tried to reset the network settings on the TV, it didn’t work.

We have ZYXEL T-50 router.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@katarinaigor 

Can you connect with the WiFi? Could be a port issue on your tv.

@katarinaigor

Can you connect with the WiFi? Could be a port issue on your tv.

I probably did something wrong before, but now i connected the TV via WiFi.

Now i tried to connect my PC via cable form the router (LAN 3 and 4) and it worked, so the problem must be in the TV box’s port.

Can i get a new TV box from T-mobile or somehow just a port?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @katarinaigor, if I understand you correctly, the direct internet connection via our modem doesn't work when you connect the smart tv to the modem, is that correct? If so, I don't entirely understand how your setup operates, considering you're referring to the TV Box's port. The TV Box should be connected to the tv via HDMI-cable and not via an internet cable (UTP). The TV Box has to, however, be connected to the modem via UTP in either four of the possible LAN-ports.

If you can clear this up, I'll be more than happy to help! 😄

Hi @katarinaigor, if I understand you correctly, the direct internet connection via our modem doesn't work when you connect the smart tv to the modem, is that correct? If so, I don't entirely understand how your setup operates, considering you're referring to the TV Box's port. The TV Box should be connected to the tv via HDMI-cable and not via an internet cable (UTP). The TV Box has to, however, be connected to the modem via UTP in either four of the possible LAN-ports.

If you can clear this up, I'll be more than happy to help! 😄

Yes, the direct connection between the TV’s box (that might modem that you are referring to) and ZYXEL T-50 router isn’t working. TV’s box is connected via HDMI to the TV, but it also has a port for UTP port which seems to not be working anymore.

Reputatie 7

Hi @katarinaigor,

So, to summarize it: your Smart TV is connected properly through wifi (cabled is no longer possible). Your TV Box is connected with UTP to the modem. What is the problem with TV through our TV Box? Is there an errormessage on the TV? 

Either way, this is the best advice: can you please unplug the modem and the TV Box from the power socket? After that you unplug the UTP from the TV Box. 20 seconds later re-plug the power cord from your modem into the power socket. Once every light is flickering on again like they’re supposed to, you may plug in the TV Box’s power cord. When the message ‘No internet-cable found’ appears (or in Dutch ‘geen internetkabel gevonden’), you may re-plug the UTP in your TV Box. If all goes well, everything should work like it should!