Beantwoord

T-mobile STB update

• 31 January 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 251 Bekeken

Just received my new T-mobile TV box, but it gets stuck at “14.8.69_build9-etv-vas - glop - as3”.

Found on the community that I need ver.14.8.73.2. Although I reset the STB, it updates from 14.7.25 to 14.8.69.

working app: 14.8.73.2_build43-etv-vas - tvxavg - as3 '.

not working app: 14.8.69_build9_etv_va__glop_as3

I'm using an UDM plugged into the media converter, further direct connection from UDM to the TV box.

I tried connecting it to my managed switch but same story.

I'll appreciate your reply, as I got over 5 weeks struggling to get my tv working.

icon

Beste antwoord door Hidden.nld 31 January 2021, 11:14

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7

@AlexWitting

T-Mobile doesn't support own modems and the glop version requires vlan 640. Place the original T-Mobile modem tot setup your stb sign in using your tv account number and watch some tv. After 5minuuts the box will restart and install the right firmware version (it depends on tour tv account) after that you van install your own router again.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve put back the original t-mobile router, and after signing in, it did perform a restart but same version 14.8.69. TV was running for couple of hours and nothing else happened.

I’ve called costumer service but told me that they can not upload a different version. I got a ticket number for further checks next week.

I assume indeed a change must be made in my account and new version 14.8.73.2 must be available so my STB can download it and update.

Reputatie 7

Hi @AlexWitting,

Thanks for the heads-up and your message! I see that a new TV Box has arrived to make sure the latest update has been done. Is the TV Box updated with the latest firmware? Please let me know.

@Boris Hi Boris. When I received the STM it had the version 14.7.25. Then it automatically downloaded and installed the 14.8.69.  

As I understood there are several newer updates 14.8.73.2 or more that are not requesting VLAN’s.

How can I update my 14.8.69 app to a later version ?

Reputatie 7

Hi @AlexWitting ,

I’ve checked the situation for you and can give you an update. The latest version for your version of ITV is 14.8.69, this means you’re already on the newest and latest firmware possible on the ITV platform. The TV Box is entirely up-to-date! 😊 Please let us know if you have any questions, I’m here for you.

Reageer