[Glasvezel] Draytek vervangen met je eigen router (met VLAN)

• 22 January 2018
  • 527 reacties
  • 120111 Bekeken

Reputatie 7
Draytek vervangen met je eigen Router

Wat heb je nodig?

Draytek 2132Fvn
TP-Link MC2200L
TP-Link Acher C7 (1750Mbit)
T-Mobile Thuis Glasvezel

Waarschuwing:
Kijk nooit direct in de connecor. Dit kan permanente oogschade veroorzaken!
Maak nooit zelf de glasvezel aansluiting open. Mocht hier schade aan ontstaan, zal dit door Reggefiber moeten worden hersteld. De kosten hiervan zijn minimaal 300 euro, maar kan nog hoger uitpakken!

Installatie:

Haal de blauwe connector uit de Draytek SFP, vervolgens kan je de SFP er uit halen door het blauwe hendeltje naar achter te trekken.

Installeer vervolgens de SFP in de TP-Link MC220L en stop de blauwe connector er weer in.

Plug nu de UTP kabel in de TP-Link MC220L en de andere kant in de WAN van de TP-Link Acher C7.
Configuratie:
Sluit je Laptop aan op poort 1 van de TP-Link Acher C7
ga naar http://192.168.1.1 en login

Ga naar Advanced
Ga naar Network
Ga naar IPTV/VLAN

Settings
code:
IGMP Snooping: uitschakelen
IGMP Proxy: uitschakelen
IGMP Version: V2

IPTV/VLAN inschakelen
Mode Custom
Internet Vlan ID: 300 Priority 0
802.1Q tag inschakelen.
IP-Phone vlan: 35
IPTV Vlan ID: 640

Je kan nu zelf kiezen op welk poort je internet of tv wil hebben.
IP-Phone vlan word niet gebruikt en is op vlan 35 gezet omdat deze anders moet zijn.
Het is niet mogelijk T-Mobile thuis Telefoon te gebruiken met een ander modem dan de Draytek.
Klaar!

Je krijgt vanuit T-Mobile GEEN ondersteuning op deze setup, maar gelukkig zijn er genoeg mensen op het forum te vinden die je willen helpen. Mocht je problemen hebben dan moet je eerst het oude modem weer gebruiken voordat T-Mobile je ondersteuning kan geven.

De handleiding is gemaakt met een TP-Link C7 maar dit werkt het zelfde op de volgende TP-Link Routers: (met dank aan Jibbewillem)
TL-WR1043N (2,4Ghz 450Mbit)
Archer C1200 V2, V3 (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz 1200Mbit)
Archer C7 V4, V5 (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz 1750Mbit)
Archer C9 V3, V4, V5 (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz 1900Mbit)
Archer C2300 V1 (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz 2300Mbit)
Archer C3150 V2 (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz 3150Mbit)
Archer C3200 V2 (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz 3200Mbit)
Archer C5400 V2 (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz 5400Mbit)

Vond je dit topic nuttig en wil je meer van dit soort topics geef dan een Like!

527 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Niqshal 

Laat maar weten of het is gelukt.

Reputatie 1

@Niqshal

Laat maar weten of het is gelukt.

Denk dat ik trouwens voor deze router ga, wat denk jij ? https://www.bol.com/nl/p/tp-link-archer-ax50-router-ax-wifi-6-3000-mbps/9200000120245339/?bltgh=l-RJpsq37JF55JzlYkxDCw.lBvPGsyxkfdWoL1h1PZKFg_0_26.29.ProductTitle 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Niqshal 

Werkt alles nu?

De router die in de link staat heeft wifi 6 iets wat veel apparaten nog niet ondersteunen het is natuurlijk leuk voor de toekomst maar persoonlijk vind ik dat je aan de C3200 voorlopig genoeg hebt en beter kan wachten met wifi 6 en het kost je zeker wat centjes.

Maar de keuze is volledig aan jou

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Niqshal 

Ah, je had ook gewoon de T-mobile mediaconverter kunnen laten hangen en enkel de internetkabel vanaf de mediaconverter in de WAN poort van je eigen router maar goed 😅🤪

Reputatie 1

hahhaha @Waqqas kan nog steeds haal morgen pas het router op ! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Niqshal

Dan enkel de internetkabel uit de WAN van de Zyxel en in de WAN van je eigen router, vervolgens enkel VLANs instellen 👍

Instellingen staan ook in de openingspost, 😉

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Niqshal

Dit is een C3200 V1

Reputatie 1

@Waqqas inmiddels is de router binnen is deze geworden. https://www.coolblue.nl/product/841142/tp-link-archer-ax50.html

Maar krijg hem niet werkend. Ik heb nu geen mediaconverter aangesloten van TP-LINK kan dat het zijn ? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Niqshal

Ik denk niet dat dat een oorzaak kan zijn maar ik weet het natuurlijk ook niet zeker dus wisselen kan je doen?

Branden alle lampjes op de converter? Misschien even de stekker van de converter er uit en terug.

In de router interface staat de DHCP op Dynamic en heb je alle instellingen toegepast op het IPTV/VLAN scherm? Plaats eventueel een foto.

Een tweede manier is om de quick setup te doen.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1585/

Reputatie 2

Hi Sorry for English, my Dutch isn’t good enough to ask this. 

Sooooo, I have a google WiFi mesh system as my house is too big for just a Draytek and a Fritz box. I have spent a lot of money installing the google WiFi system and I cannot afford to change this already. 

Google WiFi keeps losing Internet signal, google have told me it’s due to a double NAT issue, because I am using my Draytek router upstream of my google WiFi mesh system. Google advised me to put the Draytek in bridge mode. However, T-Mobile have told me this is not possible. They advised to buy a media converter and my own router if I want to put it into bridge mode. I have bought a TP-Link media converter and Archer C1200 router. I have set this up according to the instructions from hidden.NL. I have been able to get the Internet working through the google WiFi, and the TV to work. However, there is no option to put the TPlink into bridge mode. I have tried putting it in AP mode, but then I loose both the Internet and TV, so this does not work. 

With the TP-link and media converter upstream of the google WiFi I still have the double NAT issue and the Internet keeps dropping out through the google WiFi. So I am no further forward. 

Google have told me to assign an address reservation for Google WiFi  in the TPlink router and then an enable DMZ, forwarding it to the static address assigned to the google WiFi, but apparently this still results in double NAT. Google then told me to port forward to 5222 in the TP-link, but this has not resolved the double NAT either.  

I have 2 questions to resolve this issue. 

To get this up and running we need some sort of device that can handle the VLAN splitting so we can keep IPTV, but it needs to pass Internet straight through to google WiFi, so google can create a network and manage it without without prior upstream network management. 

Is it possible to get a managed switch, to replace the Draytek modem, that is compatible with VLAN and IPTV and is also programmable to port forward the V300 channel to google, allowing google to manage to the network and alleviate the double NAT problem? This would be set up like so: Media converter>managed switch then 1 off to TV and one off to google WiFi. Also, where would I obtain the settings to set this up? Can anybody recommend a switch that is simple and easy for a networking novice to understand if this is possible?

Or is there a setting in the Tp-link router that I am not aware of that will allow this to work. 

Alternatively is it possible to buy a modem router to replace to Draytek/Tp-link that has a fibre port and will go into bridge mode and still manage the VLAN/IPTV. 

Thanks for your help!

Reputatie 7

Hey @swampystorm,

I moved your question to this topic. :relaxed:  Are you also losing connection when you have only connected your Draytek modem without the extra hardware?

Reputatie 2

Hey @swampystorm,

I moved your question to this topic. :relaxed:  Are you also losing connection when you have only connected your Draytek modem without the extra hardware?

No I don’t, but the Draytek modem only reaches to the first floor of my house, and not very well, I need Internet on four floors of the house :(

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hallo @swampystorm 

After putting a modem/router in bridge mode only one LAN port will be sending out the signal.

I think the best option is to connect a managed switch after the mediaconverter and tag vlans to the ports.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9798157

If you look on internet there are plenty of switches with VLAN functionality, I don't have one so i cannot tell you which one the best is.

There are expensive ones and cheaper ones so its better to take a look yourself just ensure it has all the features you want.

Reputatie 2

Hallo @swampystorm 

After putting a modem/router in bridge mode only one LAN port will be sending out the signal.

I think the best option is to connect a managed switch after the mediaconverter and tag vlans to the ports.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9798157

If you look on internet there are plenty of switches with VLAN functionality, I don't have one so i cannot tell you which one the best is.

There are expensive ones and cheaper ones so its better to take a look yourself just ensure it has all the features you want.

So just to confirm this would look like Media converter → managed switch - google WiFi and I will eliminate the need for a router and this will resolve the double NAT :D

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Im a bit confused lol, the google support page says that the switch should be placed after the modem/router to seperate the vlans. They probably mean when every port has iptv signal and internet signal.

On the Draytek modem port 1 and 2 are only internet, 3 and 4 are only iptv so connecting google nest to port 1 should work and on the tp link you can also choose which port is for internet and which for IPTV.

Looks like its something else and a switch will not work maybe.

Reputatie 2

Im a bit confused lol, the google support page says that the switch should be placed after the modem/router to seperate the vlans. They probably mean when every port has iptv signal and internet signal.

On the Draytek modem port 1 and 2 are only internet, 3 and 4 are only iptv so connecting google nest to port 1 should work and on the tp link you can also choose which port is for internet and which for IPTV.

Looks like its something else and a switch will not work maybe.

Hey! Just to let you know after 2 years I have finally solved the double NAT issue. 

We removed the Draytek/TP-link router and bought a NETGEAR GS108E Managed switch with VLAN capability. We configured VLAN 300 to the LAN out which goes to the google WiFi mesh system and physical ports 6,7 and 8 of the switch to VLAN 640 for IPTV. The WAN in port was configured to all VLANS. 

My network topology is now: Media converter —> NETGEAR GS108E switch port 2 configured on VLAN 300 —> google WIFI primary mesh point. 

Media Converter —> NETGEAR GS108E ports 6,7 and 8 configured to VLAN 640 IPTV —> to 3 IPTV boxes from T-Mobile. 

Google Mesh now displays the WAN address as the one assigned by T-Mobile and not my router. 

Tracert now shows my primary WiFi point connects direct to the WAN.

Network stability is the best I’ve seen and my speeds are out of this world. 

I was able to configure port forwarding in google WiFi for call of duty and call of duty now shows and open NAT.

Thanks all for your help!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

I thought a switch wouldn't solve it but great to hear. 😀

Reputatie 2

I thought a switch wouldn't solve it but great to hear. 😀

I think in this case the media converter serves as the modem :)

Reputatie 7

Hi @swampystorm, nice job in figuring it out! I have to say I'm very curious, am I understanding correctly that you're running the Netgear GS108E directly off of the Media Convertor? I'm suprised that works honestly. :grinning: I know the GS108E that has it's own chipset so it can handle routing but I didn't know it could actually replace a modem/router entirely!

Reputatie 2

Yes, the Netgear switch has replaced the Draytek. Google WiFi is also a router, so the switch is just there to add the VLAN before it goes to google to be routed around my house. 

A modem converts the signal right? Therefore I see the media converter like a very simple modem. So in my eyes it looks like media converter (modem) —> switch to add VLAN and send signal to IPTV boxes and google WiFi —> Google WiFi (wireless router). 

If it didn’t require VLAN google WiFi would plug directly into the media converter. (Or if google WiFi supported VLAN). 

As a novice this is how I came to the conclusion to try this, but I may be very wrong about why it works, what I do know is that it does!

Reputatie 2

Ik heb inmiddels mijn TP-Link router op mijn Mediaconverter aangesloten en de instellingen gebruikt van @Waqqas en op het eerste gezicht werkend. 
Merk alleen op na een tijdje wanneer ik bijvoorbeeld een pagina laad dat het heel lang duurt of helemaal niet laad. 

Nou  weet ik alleen niet hoe ik dit probleem kan oplossen. 
verschillende instellingen geprobeerd helaas zonder resultaat. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@JCColee

Helpt het misschien om de mediaconverter voor even stroomloos laten?

Je zou ook op zoek kunnen gaan naar de DNS instelling bij advanced en gebruik bijvoorbeeld 8.8.8.8 en 8.8.4.4 voor DNS server 1&2.

Merk je hier verbetering mee?

Edit ik zag bij iemand anders dat IGMP proxy inschakelen beter werkte met de verbinding, je kan het proberen en mocht het niet werken zet hem dan terug.

Reputatie 2

Ik heb inmiddels alles uitgevoerd zoals je beschreven hebt en nu afwachten of het blijft werken. 

Reputatie 4

Dankjewel voor je nuttige tips @Waqqas! Laat jij weten of het geholpen heeft @JCColee? Ik ben benieuwd. :smile:

Reputatie 7

Yes, the Netgear switch has replaced the Draytek. Google WiFi is also a router, so the switch is just there to add the VLAN before it goes to google to be routed around my house. 

A modem converts the signal right? Therefore I see the media converter like a very simple modem. So in my eyes it looks like media converter (modem) —> switch to add VLAN and send signal to IPTV boxes and google WiFi —> Google WiFi (wireless router). 

If it didn’t require VLAN google WiFi would plug directly into the media converter. (Or if google WiFi supported VLAN). 

As a novice this is how I came to the conclusion to try this, but I may be very wrong about why it works, what I do know is that it does!

The media convertor is just there to switch the signal from fiber to UTP and doesn’t have any routing capabilities. It might be the Google Wifi that’s doing the job now then I guess. But hey whatever works! :grin:

Reageer