poor connection now and then

• 9 May 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 67 Bekeken

Hi,

after the optic connection was installed in last month, I always have a poor connection, for most websites, every several days. It can last for 30min-1hour, then everything goes back to normal by itself. I am not sure if it is a DNS problem. But all the settings for my own device remain the same.

So how can I get it resovled?

Thanks.

Tommie van Odido 11 maanden geleden

Hi @roell_li, welcome to our Community!

I did a line measurement and can see that the modem and ONT have been online for a long time. Could you give your equipment a full power flip? This is how you do it:

1. Unplug the modem and Media Converter/ONT.
  2. Wait at least 10 seconds
  3. First reconnect your Media converter/ONT and let it boot up for 30 seconds. Only then reconnect the modem to the power.
  4. Plug the modem back in and let everything boot up completely
  5. Check if the connection is stable.

After this, do you have a stable connection again?

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @roell_li, welcome to our Community!

I did a line measurement and can see that the modem and ONT have been online for a long time. Could you give your equipment a full power flip? This is how you do it:

3. First reconnect your Media converter/ONT and let it boot up for 30 seconds. Only then reconnect the modem to the power.

Hi @roell_li, welcome to our Community!

Hi Tommie,

Thank you for your kind advice. I did it imediately, but now the situation comes back again!

It happened today around 8:30pm. I could not open quite a lot websites, or very slowly. What I could remember is that, it seems to always happen around this time slot, more or less (But I am not  at home in daytime).

Hope you could help me again! Thanks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @roell_li, thanks for getting back, I'd love to get your connection stable again! Could you try to perform a factory reset of the modem: Factory Reset modem (Fabrieksreset)? I've got high hopes that this will solve the problem for you, but if you still notice any disruption please feel free to let us know. In that case we'll need to send a technician your way.

In any case this should be solved very soon for you! 🙂

Hi @roell_li, thanks for getting back, I'd love to get your connection stable again! Could you try to perform a factory reset of the modem: Factory Reset modem (Fabrieksreset)? I've got high hopes that this will solve the problem for you, but if you still notice any disruption please feel free to let us know. In that case we'll need to send a technician your way.

Hi Cal,

I tried it last week, but now I experienced the snail internet again (9:20pm, 22nd May) ! 

As a simple indication for you, I used internet speed test tool provied by Google, and below is the result. They should both be  ~95-100 Mbps (in other time periods). But now in most cases the result is as shown in the first figure. And the second figure is the best result I can get during several tests. And it even used several seconds to upload these small figures.

I just could not figure it out why you have fibre installed and charged more, but delivered worse service!

Hi @roell_li, thanks for getting back, I'd love to get your connection stable again! Could you try to perform a factory reset of the modem: Factory Reset modem (Fabrieksreset)? I've got high hopes that this will solve the problem for you, but if you still notice any disruption please feel free to let us know. In that case we'll need to send a technician your way.

And please DO NOT ask me to try more hardware options. It is the service problem. Right now I even cannot vedio chat with my family!

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @roell_li, great that you could come back to the topic! I immediately started a line diagnosis and I noticed that the line instability of last week has not been resolved by the factory reset. As such the logical step is to send a technician from Guidion to your place to replace some of the fiber cables.

I will send you the information for an appointment with Guidion shortly, I'll get on it for you!

Reageer