Beantwoord

PORT PROBLEM, a common issue

• 26 October 2021
  • 7 reacties
  • 116 Bekeken

Hi Guys, 

My name is Eddie and I have a common problem… I want to open ports……. 

I had a call with customer service < they couldnt help.. 

I tried Zyxel and they helped me, a good bit.. but still the ports aren’t open.. 

I checked out alot of the community issues and resolves… but still nothing is helping :(..

My IP 192.168.1.130 is pinging and working.. but port 44158 is still closed! I cant get info in our out.. 

I tried the firewall but it doesn’t seem to help.. 

I forwarded the IP.. everything is on.. I used DMZ and port triggering…. all doesnt seem to work.. 

I have a DSL connection. :) & Running mac.. do have a WINDOWS mirror :)

check out my screenshots for more information… 

HELP PLEASE!!!

icon

Beste antwoord door yalerta 27 October 2021, 14:02

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @drinksonme 

When you created a portforwarding rule in the Zyxel what did you fill in as "oorspronkelijke IP adres"? You can leave this field blank.

And is 192.168.1.130 a static IP address?

Hi @Waqqas !

thank you for your reaction! 

I didnt fill this in. A nice guy from Zyxel did after doing a hour long teamview and testing. He thought that this might help? but ofcourse nothing did.. The port is closed with and without “oorspronkelijke IP adres”. 

192.168.1.130 is the static IP yes.  

I also changed the DHCP given IP’s as instructed in other discussions. 

in oorspronkelijke IP adres we filled in my public IP address

Thanks buddy!!

Have been busy with this for 3 days now… its killing my mind!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@drinksonme

You can leave oorspronkelijke IP blank.

How did you assign 192.168.1.130 as a static IP adres? Did you do that via menu > netwerkinstellingen > thuisnetwerk > statische DHCP?

Or by changing the DHCP range via menu > netwerkinstellingen > thuisnetwerk > LAN configuratie > start 192.168.1.135 and end 192.168.1.254 for example so 192.168.1.130 is not in the DHCP range?

I think changing your DHCP range is the better option for a static IP address, give it a try 🤞

@Waqqas ,

Yes I did a few times. Im going to try to change the DHCP again and use a lower range as you suggest. Why is it made so difficult with this firmwire… :(

Thank you !!!!

I have tried everything and the ports WONT open at all…. 

This is pissing me off big time :).

going towards day 4.. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@drinksonme

If you have adjusted the DHCP range and the IP is out of the DHCP range, delete the rule in statische DHCP and the other 4 rules aswell, restart your modem. Maybe it will work?

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

@drinksonme

nmap shows that port 44158 on IP 192.168.1.130 is closed.

Why are you trying to change settings in the Zyxel as the closed port is on the device dd264db.home (192.168.1.130)

You should look on the database server and verify the port settings.

Opening ports on a router/modem is only needed if you want to access that device EXTERNAL.

Are you mixing up the idea where in a previous router setting a portmapping was setup like 44158 external to 3306 internal on a MySql database server? (just an example)

btw. It is possible to set the English language in the Zyxel