Beantwoord

Recommendation for a new router with mesh network

• 19 September 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 169 Bekeken

Dear all,

I want to buy a new router with mesh network device(s) instead of Zyxel T-50 and mesh WiFi point from T-Thuis.

Would you please recommend one for me?

A few requirements are as follows.

1. Wifi 6
  2. Wake On Lan
  3. DDNS
  4. Wifi Mesh
  5. MAC address authentication
  6. Compatible with T-Thuis Glass fiber internet, TV and telephone service.
    (Telephone service is optional)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

D.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 19 September 2022, 21:49

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Dlkfj39uB 

Take a look at the Fritzbox 5530, you can use it for internet, tv and VoIP. It's also easy to configure and if you want to expand your WiFi network you can also buy a Fritz repeater.

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Dlkfj39uB

I would suggest to have look at the FRITZ!Box 7590 AX. This one can be connected to the Mediaconvert/ONT with the same cable as the Zyxel T-50. And works with the Fritz Mesh repeaters. As well as T-Mobile TV and Voice Service. 

Basiclly the same as @Waqqas suggests but no need to hassle with the fiber cable directly 

Dear all,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I haven’t heard about this brand before. I will definitely look into this.

Reputatie 2

Hi @Dlkfj39uB

I would suggest to have look at the FRITZ!Box 7590 AX. This one can be connected to the Mediaconvert/ONT with the same cable as the Zyxel T-50. And works with the Fritz Mesh repeaters. As well as T-Mobile TV and Voice Service. 

Basiclly the same as @Waqqas suggests but no need to hassle with the fiber cable directly 

Good suggestion !

I have recently have decided for the Fritz!Box 4060 over the 7590AX. These are approximately the same except 4060 is a newer model, and ..

1. as it’s a bit cheaper than the 7590AX (10-15%)
  2. it offers 2 5GHz channels instead of just 1 5GHz channel
  3. while it uses less power (30-35%)

What the 4060 offers less is that it has no ADSL/VDSL/cable etc modem built in - but you don’t need that, as it’s (strongly) advised to connect your router to the mediaconverter.
Also it has 1 LAN port less (4060: 1 WAN + 3 LAN vs 7590AX: 1 WAN + 4 LAN)

For the rest the same fancy capabilities; both Wifi 6  @ 1200Mbps + 2400Mbps, 4x4 MultiU Mimo, etc

I quickly checked this brand. It looks like it is a decent brand. Thanks. 

Reageer