Beantwoord

root password for vmg8825-t50 router

• 30 July 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 2040 Bekeken

I'm a customer using fiber optic at home. I notice the admin account in the T50 router is having limited access to the router features (VLANs for example).

I need to make a separate wired VLAN for guests/IoT. 

Can you please provide me with a root or superuser account for my router?

Thank you

icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 30 July 2022, 18:38

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Curtius28 

This guide is available on the internet to get the root/supervisor credentials 😜

Only do it if you know what you are doing.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Curtius28

You can also choose to use your own VLAN capable router with all router functions instead of the router provided by T-Mobile, also see this page.

Unfortunately there is no way to get the login credentials for the root account. You'll have to use the credentials which is on the bottom side of the router which indeed does not offer a way to edit (add/remove) VLAN's.

If you would like to have extra VLAN's etc, you have to buy a modem/router which supports this.

Unfortunately there is no way to get the login credentials for the root account. You'll have to use the credentials which is on the bottom side of the router which indeed does not offer a way to edit (add/remove) VLAN's.

If you would like to have extra VLAN's etc, you have to buy a modem/router which supports this.

the router does support that. is T-mobile that doesn’t allow that.

Hello @Curtius28 

This guide is available on the internet to get the root/supervisor credentials 😜

Only do it if you know what you are doing.

I'm not trying to hack into somebody else's router. it's my router, and I pay a valid subscription. I don't get why I shouldn't simply know the password and make the best use of it.

I don't even need the root password: just access to more features.

If T-mobile would not be able to support me with the “advanced” features of the router, I can sign a form to give up on technical support.

I'm not trying to hack into somebody else's router. it's my router, and I pay a valid subscription. I don't get why I shouldn't simply know the password and make the best use of it.

You pay for a service which includes a modem/router which is owned by T-Mobile, the modem/router (Zyxel) is thus not owned by you.

To avoid customers causing issues that (in the end) might result into connection, performance or any other kind of issues, T-Mobile has disabled services that are not important for the “average” customer.

Non-average customers thus, those who do require additional services can buy their own modem/router and connect their own device.

If T-mobile would not be able to support me with the “advanced” features of the router, I can sign a form to give up on technical support.

No there is no such form. Theere is no minimum requirement of functionality offered by the modem.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

@Curtius28

You can also choose to use your own VLAN capable router with all router functions instead of the router provided by T-Mobile, also see this page.

That is the only way forward of you need more features from a router.