after a month, still no fiber optic connection

• 6 January 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 82 Bekeken

I requested T mobile fiber optic connection on December 17th: it’s January 6th and I still don’t have an appointment for setting up the internet connection. The customer service told me that they’re waiting for VolkerWessels to connect my apartment to the fiber line and to call them: I tried but they never answer.

How can I know how long should I wait for having internet connection in my apartment?

4 reacties

Is it possible to activate a cabled connection in the meantime? Some days I work from home therefore I need an internet connection asap

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

If there is no fiber IN your appartment yet, so no FTU box, the “netbeheerder” like KPN of ODF need to order a local installation of that to a contractor like VolkerWessels. They will plan that in and come and take a look in your house how to enter. In case of an appartment building, with a VVE, there is also the need to get permission from the VVE as they are representing the owners and need to sign of drilling into the construnction.

So, if there an FTU, than it could be a matter of a few weeks after ordering, but I think you do not have this FTU yet, and than the waiting time is unkown. You could than ask your VVE contactperson what the status of the request is. We have also seen situations where the VVE declined the request!

Basically you’re telling me that nobody knows when or if the fiber connection will be installed. And I currently have no internet access, I waste almost a month trusting the t-mobile site that cleary states that the fiber is available at my address. Had I know before that it could take months to be delivered, I’d have signed a contract with another provider.

I think that the worst part is that the provider doesn’t have the will to solve the issue offering an alternative to have at least an internect access in a timely manner.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @sergiolmc, logical that you pose this question! I would gladly have send a request for further information to Volker Wessels, but I see that you cancelled the request for a fiber connection. Sorry that we could not connect you sooner. Constructing an entirely new fiber network takes a lot of work. 

Hopefully we can do more for you in the future and for now I want to wish you all the best! 

Reageer