Beantwoord

Complaint about T-Mobile Internet Service

Hi,
I'm turning to this page to complain about the lack of service provided by T-mobile.
My problem started at the store when the seller informed me that there would be no initial fee for the internet installation in my house. After leaving the store, I received an email informing that there would be a charge of 30 euros. I complained about this charge and it was canceled.
My second problem is that the internet was to have been activated a few days ago but it still not working. I have been in contact on several occasions with T-mobile's customer service. Unfortunately, the answer they give me is that the line is provided by KPN and that it has not been activated. Then they say that I will be contacted as soon as the internet is activated. Today (24 may 2017) I received a new email saying that the internet would be working today. However, again the internet did not work and the customer service said that I would be contacted by the KPN.
The point is that this is not a problem between me and KPN, but a problem between Tmobile and KPN. Tmobile is who should give me the internet working, since I hired Tmobile and not KPN. It is the tmobile who receives for the service rendered. The worst thing is that the technical support informed me that there is no date for KPN to contact me, which means that I have no internet connection and no prediction of when it will work.
My third problem is that at the moment of contracting the internet in the store, I was not advised that the service provided is of the DSL type. As my apartment has only coaxial connection, this makes it unfeasible to connect the modem inside the apartment.
I have already requested several times to the customer service to allow me to cancel the internet plan due to all this problems (internet plan which I have not used so far) without charging a fine, but I have been told that it is not possible.
I am going through an unpleasant situation with the company, because I can not cancel the service without a fine, but the company also can not provide me with the internet and has no prediction of when it will work. I am expat, I recently moved and I do not have internet in my house to solve the basic things of day to day as I register in the city hall. I am living provisionally on the internet basis of starbucks. This situation is not reasonable.
Please, I request an urgent return of the company to solve my problem. Preferably so that my signature is canceled without a fine.
icon

Beste antwoord door xnpu 24 May 2017, 23:57

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 2
Welcome to the Netherlands. Unfortunately these kinds of problems are quite common here, often because of the ISP's dependence on KPN and other 3rd-parties. In most cities only Ziggo is able control the entire provisioning process.

If you really want to cancel the contract you'll have to send T-Mobile a written Notice of Default. (Which, in itself, is not a cancelation but gives you the legal option to cancel if T-Mobile does not deliver within a reasonable period after receiving the notice.)

Personally I would try the online chat option on the T-Mobile website and see if you can get more details. Keep in mind that whatever is delaying T-Mobile, will delay other ISP's just the same. (Worse yet - a non-standard cancelation process may add additional delay for the next ISP you try.)

Good luck!
xnpu,

Thank you very much for these insights!

Do you know if the T-mobile itself provide any form as a "Notice of Default"? Or maybe should I do it myself?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Daniel
Reputatie 7
Hi Daniel, this is not the start you hoped for, I can imagine. The explanation by @xnpu is spot-on (thanks for your input, much appreciated!).

Of course, if we cannot make it work, you are free to leave. But as for now, a few days in, we desperately want to make it work for you. What is good for you, is good for us! We're on the same side. But we need a working line (as do the other ISP's, as xnpu mentioned). We're working on it, right now. All communication runs through us, but we need the mechanic from KPN to check (and possibly fix) the line. I must say, usually they're quite fast, so let's hope for the best!

Good to hear we were able to cancel your activation costs. 🙂
Hi Daniel,
I have exactly the same problem. Finally how did you solve it?

I am wainting for internet for more than one month...

Thanks
Maria
Mavipe, Can you give us a call at 0800 0092, Then we can take a look at how we can help you with this problem!
Hi Kevin,
Thank you but I am not going to call again.
This is my client number GBR82803, if you can check my situation and give me a solution
Thanks again
Reputatie 7
Hi mavipe, could you send me a private message (click on my name) with your zip code, house number and the last four digits of your IBAN. Also, could you give me some background info? After the holidays I'll look into it! I'm sure we can work something out!
Hoping this receives a response...

I've had TMobile home for about a month and been without internet for more than 3 weeks. I've had a Guidion tech (I waited 3 weeks for an available appointment by their 3rd party maintenance provider) tell me all our equipment is fine and it must be a fiber issue, which requires another appointment.

Called again today and customer service can give me no estimate on when the appointment will take place or how much longer I'll be without internet. Not a worry for them though, as they've already automatically debited my account for the billing period. TMobile has taken my money for providing absolutely nothing.

I have TMobile for my cell provider and it's totally fine. This is another level - this sort of company shouldn't even exist. If you're considering the switch, DON'T!
Reputatie 7
Hi @zumpanozach, don't worry, if we sent an order to the grid operator then you will be online in short order! And of course we will reimburse you for the period you have been without services as soon as it is restored. If you send me a private message with your date of birth, your full address and the last four digits of you bank account number then I will gladly give you a status update!
Hoping this receives a response...

I've had TMobile home for about a month and been without internet for more than 3 weeks. I've had a Guidion tech (I waited 3 weeks for an available appointment by their 3rd party maintenance provider) tell me all our equipment is fine and it must be a fiber issue, which requires another appointment.

Called again today and customer service can give me no estimate on when the appointment will take place or how much longer I'll be without internet. Not a worry for them though, as they've already automatically debited my account for the billing period. TMobile has taken my money for providing absolutely nothing.

I have TMobile for my cell provider and it's totally fine. This is another level - this sort of company shouldn't even exist. If you're considering the switch, DON'T!

Hi, how is it going for you now? I have a similar situation here and have no clue how to proceed with this...
Reputatie 7
Hi @YLi, we've had contact through private message by now, if you have any other questions I'll be happy to help!
Reputatie 1

I have no internet signal three days after installation as well and it doesn’t seem it’s going to be solved anytime soon judging by the amount of people complaining about the same thing and also because the installation guy who said internet should be available at most the day after installation (Yesterday) which was not the case :)

Reputatie 7

Hey @soufianez318,

I've directly looked into your details. As far I can see the network administrator (ReggeFiber) needs to come to your place. The network administrator will call you as soon as possible with an anonymous number. Please keep your phone near you the following days when they call you for the appointment. Help is on the way!

I have exactly the same issue. The Internet was supposed to be activated from yesterday (Tuesday). 

I received an SMS at 08:00 saying that the line is now active. However it is not, the globe icon on the modem is not green. When I login to My Thuis I see “Je aanvraag is in behandeling”. How can it still be under process if I signed a contract which says Internet service will be active from 10th of December?
I called Tmobile immediately and they said it should come after 18:00. Of course, that did not happen. 
I called again today and they told me there is nothing they can do and that KPN must turn on the signal.

I have not signed anything with KPN nor I want to wait any more. The delivery of the service is 2 days late and it is falsingly “activated”. 

My question is, how can I return the equipment and cancel the contract?

Reputatie 7

Hey @ryzen01,

I'm sad to hear that you've experienced problems with your T-Mobile Thuis subscription. 😞 I see that you've spoken with my colleague yesterday. You wish to cancel your subscription and my colleague is going to discuss this case with his/her supervisor. We will contact you as soon as possible about the outcome. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Wish that you'd have a complete different T-Mobile Thuis experience. 

Thanks, please cancel my subscription. Another provider is arriving already on next Monday! ;-)

Reageer