Beantwoord

Fiber patch cord issue

• 19 January 2022
  • 10 reacties
  • 254 Bekeken

Hi,

I have ordered a fiber installation and it was supposed to be installed on 17th January. Unfortunately, T-Mobile cancelled because the installation package hasn't arrived by that day.

I received it on 18th and I got the next installation date on 21st January. Unfortunately, this Internet connection is super critical for me to WFH. 

When I called (via my Dutch relocation agent's help) T-Mobile, they said, I can install it myself and the technician can inspect it later. But I may need to pay extra if I damage any equipment.

The problem is, when I check the fiber patch code, I have realised it is not the correct one for this installation. My fiber termination point has a male type socket, but the patch code has male in both ends. 

Anyway I can't install it myself now, but I'm worried about the installation scheduled on 21st due to incorrect part.

Does anyone can advise me on this? 

Cheers, 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 19 January 2022, 18:11

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @vpsupun 

Have you ordered a 1000 Mbps subscription and received a white Huawei ONT in your installation package?

In that case you'll have to wait for the technician because he'll patch you to the T-Mobile network in the PoP and install the ONT and activate the connection.

Could you also post a picture of your FTU?

Hi @Waqqas

Yeah. It's 1000 Mbps connection and received the Huawei ONT.

T-Mobile confirmed that my connection is already connected by KPN so I think, if I manage to connect the ONT properly, it may work.

I'm outside of the home now but my FTU is similar to the below. 

(photo credit: KPN forum) 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@vpsupun 

I have the same FTU at home with the patchcable you received aswell.

Should be fine 👍

@vpsupun

I have the same FTU at home with the patchcable you received aswell.

Should be fine 👍

@Waqqas Thanks a lot for the confirmation. 

Could you please share me a photo of how the patch cord connected to the FTU port?

Did the technician used some sort of a converter?

Like below.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@vpsupun

Sorry I mean I had, now it got replaced by a XGSPON ONT which is installed on the FTU but technicians use these converters.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @vpsupun there are no female cables in fiber optics. The always use those keystones like that. 

Only fiber optic equipment are female

Official you need a patchcover for that 

@Hidden.nld

Thanks for the reply.

So, that means, I need to buy SC/APC - SC/APC adapter to use my patch cord right?

I just purchased below in Amazon. Hope it will do the job. 

https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B088PPYZYK

I lived in Singapore before here. There, all the wall terminals has female sockets. So we can directly plug our SC/APC cable. That's why I was confused. 

Below is how wall terminal look like. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@vpsupun T Mobile is sending a technisian to install your fiber optic connection.

And i bet there is a keystone insider that box.

There are slide on ONT's availeble so that is why IT is male 

Groundcable going tot the patchpannel and uses male connectors and keystones

@Hidden.nld

Yeah. But my Internet is super critical for my work. So I wanted to give it a try. 

Yes, you are correct, keystones are inside those boxes which makes the fiber terminal more sophisticated. So, they don't need any external adapters.

If my order receive before EOD tomorrow, I'll give it a try. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

@vpsupun be award, the grid operator may Bill you of you break it. Starting from €750.