Beantwoord

Fiberoptic connection from meterkast to living room

• 15 May 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 85 Bekeken

Hi all,

I am planning to transfer from Ziggo to T mobile fiber. On my Ziggo setup, there is a coax cable in meterkast. In the living room, I use coax to coax (or something like that) modem input(modem has that itself). With that I can plug my ethernet connections in the living room.

However, If I transfer to T mobile fiber, I wonder if I am able to setup router in living room. My T mobile fiber output is in meterkast. As far as I understand, T mobile technician will put modem and fiber to ethernet connector into meterkast. Is there anybody who faced with that situation or any ideas what to do?

Thank you!

icon

Beste antwoord door yalerta 15 May 2023, 19:13

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

If your fiber connection is in the “meterkast” then the equipment wil be placed there.

The connection on the fiber wil be build up with 2 components.

1. A media converter that changes the light into electrical data
  2. A router with 1 WAN port en 4 LAN (Ethernet) ports and a wifi module

It is possible to separate both units and move the router to the living room via a UTP cable. Maybe you can use the redundant coax cable to pull a new utp cable from the “meterkast” to the living room.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @MelihD 

It is also possible to purchase moCa adapters to send the internet signal over the COAX cable if you cannot replace the cable.

Reageer