Beantwoord

Guidion installed glasvezel mediabox but no internet

• 24 March 2022
  • 8 reacties
  • 124 Bekeken

Yesterday a guy from Guidion installed the media device for the glass fiber connection, but he mentioned there is no internet probably due to KPN network. I have received no communication and I'd like to be able to use the internet connection asap.

The modem has a fixed red LED on for the internet connection.

Hope you can provide help,

Paolo

icon

Beste antwoord door Boris 24 March 2022, 13:54

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @paolo.tran 

Which lights are on or off on the mediaconverter? The device between your modem and FTU.

Hello @paolo.tran 

Which lights are on or off on the mediaconverter? The device between your modem and FTU.

The two middle ones seem to be yellow, the top ones are green and the bottom right is green as well

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@paolo.tran

Can you make a photo of the lights on the mediaconverter?

Did the technician also check the switches on the other side of the mediaconverter? Either 3 and 4 on works or 1 and 6 on.

If you change them remove the power from the mediaconverter.

@paolo.tran

Can you make a photo of the lights on the mediaconverter?

Did the technician also check the switches on the other side of the mediaconverter? Either 3 and 4 on works or 1 and 6 on.

If you change them remove the power from the mediaconverter.

I guess that means 3 and 4 are the ones that are on?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@paolo.tran 

The FO LED is not on so there seems to be no signal, if switching the switches from 3 & 4 to 1 & 6 or from 1 & 6 to 3 & 4 doesn't help then a technician from KPN needs to come.

I tried already to contact KPN Netwerk and this is the reply I received:

Good morning Paolo, If you have a malfunction, you will have to report it to your provider. They will handle the report. If our expertise is required, we will first have to receive an order from them. We have not yet received any notification.

So I believe T-Mobile should somehow contact them to make them aware of the issue.

Reputatie 7

Hi @paolo.tran,

Thanks for your message! I see that the communication between our technical service and the technician has not been optimal, hence the reason why there’s not been any news. No worries - I’ve made sure that the feedback from the Guidion technician has been notified to our technical services, which in their turn will dispatch KPN Network to fix the issue. My sincere apologies for this ordeal. In the meantime I can make sure you have a temporary access to internet through a hotspot. To make sure you have enough data, I can arrange a voucher for Unlimited data. Are you in possession of a T-Mobile or Tele2 SIM card? Please send me a private message, so I can arrange this for you. 

Thank you @Boris for arranging this. I sent you a private message for the unlimited data.