Beantwoord

Incomplete installation, PON led blinking.

Installation was done by Guidion technician on Thursday 14/7 but was incomplete.

The PON led on the ONT box is continuously blinking and there is no internet connection.

Called customer service and was transferred to the department responsible for the fiber optic connections and was told they were fixing the problem and will take 48hours.

It is now almost end of Saturday and there is still no internet. Can someone help as we are unable to complete our work (working  from home)since Thursday?

icon

Beste antwoord door Lisa 18 July 2022, 10:55

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

23 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc, first of all welcome to the T-Mobile voor thuis Community! I'm really sorry for this start of your subscription. I directly asked one of my colleagues from the technical department to provide me with an update. My colleagues will do their absolute best to solve this as soon as possible, but I hope I can speed up the process even more. I'll keep you posted! ❤

Hi @Irenetsc, first of all welcome to the T-Mobile voor thuis Community! I'm really sorry for this start of your subscription. I directly asked one of my colleagues from the technical department to provide me with an update. My colleagues will do their absolute best to solve this as soon as possible, but I hope I can speed up the process even more. I'll keep you posted! ❤

@Lisa  Thank you for your reply. The situation is still the same from last week with the PON light blinking :(

Hope to hear from you soon!

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc, thanks for your quick response! I have some good news for you. My colleague just gave me the update that the signal has been restored now. He sent a request to Guidion (our mechanic service) to finish the installation. You just received an e-mail or a text message with our appointment tool. Fingers crossed that they can come by real soon! 🤞

Do you (or someone in your household) have a Prepaid or mobile subscription from T-Mobile or Tele2? This way I can provide you with an Unlimited Data voucher until your connection is up and running. 

Hi @Lisa , thanks for the prompt action.

i have made the appointment with Guidion for this coming Wednesday. I have also sent you a private message for the voucher.

Thanks again for your help.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc, you’re very welcome! I’m really happy that you already made an appointment. I also provided you with a voucher in a private message. Enjoy this sunny day! 🎈

Hi @Irenetsc, you’re very welcome! I’m really happy that you already made an appointment. I also provided you with a voucher in a private message. Enjoy this sunny day! 🎈

Hi @Lisa , unfortunately the appointment with Guidion did not proceeded as expected :(

The appointment was from 4-6pm and at 6:10pm, we received an sms informing us that the technician will be late and is expected to arrive at 6:45pm. We waited until almost 8pm and thinking something was amiss, we called Guidion and was told that the technician encountered some “difficulties” and was unable to come for the installation.

The lady on the phone also told us that it was not possible for them to make another appointment (despite me having wasted the whole afternoon waiting for the technician) and that I have to get T-Mobile to send them a new ticket to reschedule a new appointment (which means a few more days of delay)

Can you please help with this request to Guidion as it is starting to get really annoying and feels like a real struggle just to get an internet service going?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc, I'm really sorry to hear this! I immediately asked my colleague to send a new request to Guidion, so you can make a new appointment. Please let me know the date of the new appointment, so I know if you maybe need an extra Unlimited Data voucher. If there is anything else that I can do for you, just let me know. I'm more than happy to help you!

Hi @Irenetsc, I'm really sorry to hear this! I immediately asked my colleague to send a new request to Guidion, so you can make a new appointment. Please let me know the date of the new appointment, so I know if you maybe need an extra Unlimited Data voucher. If there is anything else that I can do for you, just let me know. I'm more than happy to help you!

Hi @Lisa , Thank you for your help again. I have made a new appointment with Guidion on next Wednesday 27/7 from 2-4pm.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc ,

Thanks for notifying us! I'm glad Guidion has made a new appointment to fix the issue. Please let us know if you need a new voucher, we can arrange that right away. If you have any questions in the meantime, we're here for you! 

Hi @Irenetsc ,

Thanks for notifying us! I'm glad Guidion has made a new appointment to fix the issue. Please let us know if you need a new voucher, we can arrange that right away. If you have any questions in the meantime, we're here for you! 

Hi @Boris  Thanks for the reply. Actually my situation is almost the same as in this topic https://community.t-mobile.nl/topic/show?tid=337785&fid=496

Is it possible that my ONT is not properly registered to the network? From what I have read so far on this forum is that it could be a back office/wijkcenter problem and not much can be done at the customer’s location unless it is a faulty ONT.

It should also not be a problem with the physical connection as the mechanic from Open Dutch fiber had already came on 14/7 and checked that the signal from the FTU is fine.

Regarding the voucher, I think I will need a new one as the current voucher will expire on 26/7.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc, thanks for letting me know! I love to give you some clarity. Like I typed in our private messages I asked my colleague for an update. He has let me know that you don't have to worry for the appointment. If the ONT needs to be replaced, Guidion can do this for you during the appointment. So I want to ask you to trust the appointment and to have a little patience. I love to hear an update from you after the appointment. But I hope that after this update you don't worry anymore. Is this clear for you? ❤

Hi @Irenetsc, thanks for letting me know! I love to give you some clarity. Like I typed in our private messages I asked my colleague for an update. He has let me know that you don't have to worry for the appointment. If the ONT needs to be replaced, Guidion can do this for you during the appointment. So I want to ask you to trust the appointment and to have a little patience. I love to hear an update from you after the appointment. But I hope that after this update you don't worry anymore. Is this clear for you? ❤

Hi @Lisa The technician from Guidion has came and left and unfortunately, the problem is still not fixed :(

He tried with a different ONT and the PON light is still blinking.

According to the technician, the problem is with the signal from the POP at the wijkcentraal. He told me that there is nothing he can do at my location and will inform Guidion about it and that they will send a ticket to Open Dutch Fiber to get the signal fixed.

Is there anything that you can do from your side to expedite this?

Reputatie 7

​​Hi @Irenetsc ,

Thanks for notifying us! I've checked right away and see that the technician has let us know that a technician from our grid operator is needed to fix the issue. The only thing I could do right now is notify our back office, so it will be done ASAP. I've done just that. The grid operator will be send out to fix the issue between the POP and wijkcentrale. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that we're here for you and if you need an extra voucher, please send me a private message. Lisa is currently enjoying a short holiday. 

​​Hi @Irenetsc ,

Thanks for notifying us! I've checked right away and see that the technician has let us know that a technician from our grid operator is needed to fix the issue. The only thing I could do right now is notify our back office, so it will be done ASAP. I've done just that. The grid operator will be send out to fix the issue between the POP and wijkcentrale. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that we're here for you and if you need an extra voucher, please send me a private message. Lisa is currently enjoying a short holiday. 

Hi @Boris Do you have any updates from your back office? It is almost 3 weeks since.my installation and the connection is still not working,

How long does it takes exactly for the grid operator to fix this? Shouldn’t there be some kind of service level or turnaround time to fix such issues?

Frankly speaking, 3 weeks of waiting is certainly not what I expected from a company like T-Mobile.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc,

Thanks for your message! I’ve checked what’s going on, because I agree that it’s taking too long to finish the operation and fix the issue. The latest update is from yesterday - a technician of the grid operator has been send to fix the issue ASAP. I wish I could give you an estimated time, but am unable to do so. Know that we're on it and our Fiber operations are working hard to get you back online. In the meantime, I will send you another voucher by private message. I'm very sorry for the incovenience.

Hi @Boris , It is almost weekend and PON light is still blinking. Do you have any new updates from your team? I may need you to send me a new voucher again. Thanks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@Irenetsc I see the last update from yesterday 10:37 that the media converter is still offline. We’re waiting for the grid operator to take action. I will take care of a new voucher for you. You can find this in your private chat! 😊

Hi @Lisa @Boris @Demi, another week has almost passed and the connection is still not up.

Is there any new updates from the grid operator? I do hope that Lisa will have renewed energy after her vacation to help me with a new voucher? Thanks and I do hope to stop singing the same tune week after week :(

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Irenetsc, unfortunately I can't offer you a new update yet, I'm sorry! 

I can however send you a new voucher. That way you'll be able to stay online using your mobile hotspot. I'll send you the voucher via private message immediately. Thanks for your patience and keep an eye on your inbox. Our Fiber-department will send an update shortly. 

Hi @Jason I have still not received the update from your Fiber department. Have they already sent the email? 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc,

Thanks for your message! I've checked on a latest update and can confirm that the grid operator has been notified once again, which will result that they have been giving a heads up to fix the issue once more. In the meantime we'll keep monitoring the situation and giving you updates via this topic. Please let us know if another voucher is needed. We're here for you!

Hi @Boris Thanks for the update! I do really hope they get it fixed soon. Would appreciate another voucher as the current one will be expiring over the weekend. Thanks!

Reputatie 7

Hi @Irenetsc, I really hope so too! Perfect that you’re asking for a new code. I just sent you a new voucher in a private message. Enjoy your weekend and just let me know if you need anything else from me.