Internet is not working

Please help me to install my internet.

I recently switched to T mobile. I got my new modem, and it should be active from 23rd June 2022. 

But the green lamp for internet is off on the modem. See the picture. I have watched the video, I am sure, I m pluging the DSL cable correctly. And I tried it in 2 IRSA slots one in the bed room and one in the living room. But it is not working, in both. I have checked my meter box as well, there I don't see any more slots for ISRA.

I have contacted the customer service from T mobile and also the Gudion team. They said engineers from KPN needs to come, they have asked KPN on my behalf. But NO on called me from KPN to fix an appointment. 

I really need help with the instalation..Please kindly help.

This topic has been closed for comments

29 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hallo @Rituparna Chakrabarti 

It looks like you have a bridge tap because you have atleast 2 ISRA points, what does the ISRA in the living room look like? Can you make a photo?

You should only have one of these anywhere in your house :

@Waqqas … I only the following in my living room and bed room:

I can not find any ISRA port that looks like the one shown above in the picture you attached. 

I am attaching the picture, from my meter room , I am new to this, and unable to spot it may be. Can you help to spot? Am I missing something?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Rituparna Chakrabarti

Maybe it's better to wait for a moderator to reply do they can send a technician.

@Rituparna Chakrabarti

I can only spot a telephone cable on the 2nd photo of your fusebox. Maybe it's better to wait for a moderator to reply do they can send a technician.

Ya exactly @Waqqas … there are indeed 2 telephone cables in the fuse box… T-Mobile along with the modem has also sent me some adaptors for the different ISRA ports, but I don't see, the exact point  in the house where it should be applied to… 

I will really appreciate the help from the moderators or others :)

Thank you

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Rituparna Chakrabarti, welcome to the Community! 🙋‍♂️

I see you've managed to plan an appointment with the technician. The date is set on July 1st, so that's good news. Sorry for the extra waiting time, tickets usually take up to three to five working days to process.

I'm certain the technician will figure out where the culprit lies and you'll be back online within a jiffy - although it has been quite some time since the initial activation-date for which I sincerely apologize. 

If there's anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd be more than happy to assist you!

Looks like a new cupboard, in which they didn’t install the KPN Phone line, so unless the owner is going to agree with the costs for installation of a new ISRA point, you won’t be getting internet from anyone except Ziggo.

Hi @Rituparna Chakrabarti, welcome to the Community! 🙋‍♂️

I see you've managed to plan an appointment with the technician. The date is set on July 1st, so that's good news. Sorry for the extra waiting time, tickets usually take up to three to five working days to process.

I'm certain the technician will figure out where the culprit lies and you'll be back online within a jiffy - although it has been quite some time since the initial activation-date for which I sincerely apologize. 

If there's anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd be more than happy to assist you!

@Jason .. Thanks for the reply. I spoke to the customer service today morning, they said that the KPN  has informed that the internet will be active from 1st of July. Can you please confirm that it is the case. Can you also please confirm that the DSL internet should work at my address zip 2025 DZ , House number: 18… I am asking because.. I saw the comment from @prodigy below.   This should not have been the case 

Hi @Rituparna Chakrabarti, welcome to the Community! 🙋‍♂️

Also @Jason .. I got an email stating activation date is 23rd of June 2022. But in my T mobile profile. I following message in  the picture below. Why is it the case? is it because my contract starts on 1st July. 

Please help me understand the case. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Your activation date was supposed to be June 23rd, however, it's clear that either the DSL-connector isn't functioning properly or the supposed ISRA isn't the main connection point. The technician will visit tomorrow in order to clear the issue up and fix the installation. Your payment date won't start until tomorrow - or until it gets resolved. 

The error message in My T-Mobile Thuis indicates that the modem hasn't been online yet, which is true since your connection hasn't been up. No worries: it'll be fixed by tomorrow, I'm sure!

If somehow the connection point has to be repaired or fixed elsewhere, the technician will instruct our colleagues from grid operations.

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Your activation date was supposed to be June 23rd, however, it's clear that either the DSL-connector isn't functioning properly or the supposed ISRA isn't the main connection point. The technician will visit tomorrow in order to clear the issue up and fix the installation. Your payment date won't start until tomorrow - or until it gets resolved. 

The error message in My T-Mobile Thuis indicates that the modem hasn't been online yet, which is true since your connection hasn't been up. No worries: it'll be fixed by tomorrow, I'm sure!

If somehow the connection point has to be repaired or fixed elsewhere, the technician will instruct our colleagues from grid operations.

Hi @Jason .. Thank you for explaining, and it does clarify a lot. In the meanwhile I also spoke to the customer service for further clarity., as I was getting mixed messages.

The appointment I made with Gudion technician for tomorrow is an online one, same as what I made for yesterday, to help with the installation. Which did not help me! They told me to reschedule / cancel the one for tomorrow therefore.

The installation date was the 23rd of June. And the Gudion technician yesterday afternoon flagged T-Mobile that there seems to be an issue outside the house or may be with the connection point has to be repaired or fixed elsewhere, for which KPN is needed. The Guidion has passed this to T-Mobile yesterday, and back handles these requests from Guidion and it  has not been processed yet.

They are anticipating a wait of 2-3 workingday. They can't speed the process, but has left a note for the back end.

But I will be without internet in coming days (including weekend) :(. Also this sucks, because I checked with T-Mobile before, if DSL connection should work at my address. And they said YES! I do not want to pay extra for this.!! 

Please suggest me what should be the next steps. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Do you happen to use a T-Mobile or Tele2 SIM card (prepaid or subscription)? If so, I can offer you a voucher for Unlimited Internet to bridge the gap. Then you can stay online indefinitely for at least the next seven days via mobile hotspot on PC and laptop. You also do not have to supplement this bundle, so you are not limited to just a few GB per day. Please let me know if I can sort this out for you and I'll send you a voucher code as soon as possible!

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Do you happen to use a T-Mobile or Tele2 SIM card (prepaid or subscription)? If so, I can offer you a voucher for Unlimited Internet to bridge the gap. Then you can stay online indefinitely for at least the next seven days via mobile hotspot on PC and laptop. You also do not have to supplement this bundle, so you are not limited to just a few GB per day. Please let me know if I can sort this out for you and I'll send you a voucher code as soon as possible!

@Jason .. I am sorry I do not. But I do need internet, given the current work from home situation.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Okay no problem, I'll try to think out of the box: do you have the opportunity to go to a supermarket or T-Mobile store and buy a Prepaid sim card? I'll reimburse the purchase amount (I think it's € 10) and send you a viable voucher code so it'll bradge the gap, is that an idea you'd pertain to? 

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Okay no problem, I'll try to think out of the box: do you have the opportunity to go to a supermarket or T-Mobile store and buy a Prepaid sim card? I'll reimburse the purchase amount (I think it's € 10) and send you a viable voucher code so it'll bradge the gap, is that an idea you'd pertain to? 

@Jason .. yes I can do that either today, or by tomorrow. But please note I do not want to pay extra for this service, and I genuinely want my home internet to be fixed 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Rituparna Chakrabarti I promise you won’t have to pay anything, aside from the purchase amount - which I’ll reimburse immediately. It’ll be deducted from a future invoice. 

I too want your connection come online asap and we’ll do everything in our power to help you get online tomorrow!

Please upload the proof of purchase to this topic, that way I can reimburse the amount straight away.

@Rituparna Chakrabarti I promise you won’t have to pay anything, aside from the purchase amount - which I’ll reimburse immediately. It’ll be deducted from a future invoice. 

I too want your connection come online asap and we’ll do everything in our power to help you get online tomorrow!

Please upload the proof of purchase to this topic, that way I can reimburse the amount straight away.

@Jason .. Thank you very much. I purchased a pre paid sim now. See the receipt below. While i understand that you are trying to resolve the situation, and i highly appreciate it. But please, could you check in the system and the Back End what is the status with KPN, and their appointment as well please. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good morning @Rituparna Chakrabarti, thanks for the proof of purchase, I’ll reimburse the € 10 you paid for the sim! 

I see you've rescheduled the Guidion installation appointment again - may I ask why? Also, did they mention why the technician's appointment is a remote one instead of a physical appointment? 

@Jason 

Good morning @Rituparna Chakrabarti, thanks for the proof of purchase, I’ll reimburse the € 10 you paid for the sim! 

I see you've rescheduled the Guidion installation appointment again - may I ask why? Also, did they mention why the technician's appointment is a remote one instead of a physical appointment? 

@Jason .. Thank you... I already had an appointment with Gudion Technician on Wednesday and it was Online, that time they couldn't resolve, so I rescheduled it for tomorrow.  As I mentioned above the customer care mentioned that my today's appointment is also online, so will not help.... KPN need to come... That is why I rescheduled for monday... could you help me to get a Technician in person and resolve the issue... I am really struggling .... please tell me what's the status with KPN 

Hi @Jason .. Thank you for explaining, and it does clarify a lot. In the meanwhile I also spoke to the customer service for further clarity., as I was getting mixed messages.

The appointment I made with Gudion technician for tomorrow is an online one, same as what I made for yesterday, to help with the installation. Which did not help me! They told me to reschedule / cancel the one for tomorrow therefore.

The installation date was the 23rd of June. And the Gudion technician yesterday afternoon flagged T-Mobile that there seems to be an issue outside the house or may be with the connection point has to be repaired or fixed elsewhere, for which KPN is needed. The Guidion has passed this to T-Mobile yesterday, and back handles these requests from Guidion and it  has not been processed yet.

They are anticipating a wait of 2-3 workingday. They can't speed the process, but has left a note for the back end.

But I will be without internet in coming days (including weekend) :(. Also this sucks, because I checked with T-Mobile before, if DSL connection should work at my address. And they said YES! I do not want to pay extra for this.!! 

Please suggest me what should be the next steps. 

@Jason .. see the message  above here.... that is why I canceled the appointment... I have the appointment with Gudion now on Monday.. can you ensure a Technician in person

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Rituparna Chakrabarti I can re-request the ticket to the grid operator. However, I've performed a line analysis via the KPN-tools and see that Guidion has to come by and check the infrastructure both in- and outside. I'll request a new service visit and have one of their skilled mechanics come over. You can plan the appointment via the appointment tool which will be sent by sms and email shortly hereafter. This is a physical appointment, not a remote one! 😉

@Jason .. thank you, I highly appreciate it 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

You're welcome! 😄

You're welcome! 😄

You're welcome! 😄

@Jason .  The only  date that a mechanics could come is 12th of July. This is too late, and it does not show me any thing before that. Please kindly arrange something next week ....

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Rituparna Chakrabarti That’s a bit unfortunate and on the late side, however, sadly we don’t operate their schedules and have no bearing in which dates are offered. You can always call 020-3232767 and check if there’s an earlier opportunity available. I sincerely hope you’ll be able to schedule something sooner than the 12th!

If you can use another voucher, please feel free to ask. Sorry I can’t be of service regarding the appointment date.

Hi @Jason .. to keep you in the loop, I have checked, couple of times if earlier appointment with Gudion mechanics is available.. but there seems to be none, they can only come on 12th July. I understand Guidion has to come by and check the infrastructure both in- and outside my house. But when I bought the internet, they told be it works in XXXX and they assured me i can, without any problem along with 100% guaranteed installation . So, can you please ensure with the Mechanics, that they fix this issue on 12th July, at least? If the outcome of the mechanics visit on 12th July is KPN grid operator has to come and I have to wait even longer to fix an appointment, that will be MASSIVE waste of time. As mentioned earlier, I genuinely can not find out the ISRA port in my meter box, But I have 2 points in the living and bed room where i can insert the DSL cable. See the images below. I do not want to be stuck  with a subscription that does not work, and I have to pay extra to make changes in the house. It is a rented house. Please advice me what should I do? What are my alternatives

As mentioned earlier

Moderator edit: please don't add personal information to a public post.