Internet is not working

Please help me to install my internet.

I recently switched to T mobile. I got my new modem, and it should be active from 23rd June 2022. 

But the green lamp for internet is off on the modem. See the picture. I have watched the video, I am sure, I m pluging the DSL cable correctly. And I tried it in 2 IRSA slots one in the bed room and one in the living room. But it is not working, in both. I have checked my meter box as well, there I don't see any more slots for ISRA.

I have contacted the customer service from T mobile and also the Gudion team. They said engineers from KPN needs to come, they have asked KPN on my behalf. But NO on called me from KPN to fix an appointment. 

I really need help with the instalation..Please kindly help.

This topic has been closed for comments

29 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Rituparna Chakrabarti, although I completely understand where you're coming from regarding the guarantee of installation/activation, it's next to impossible to predict if a connection will be stable/usable. ISRA-points tend to have bridge taps and other discrepancies, which can only be located/analyzed on by technicians/mechanics at home. I can't fully guarantee that you'll be back online on July 12th, but I'm positive they'll find a solution either that day or shortly after. 

When you don't seem to have an ISRA in the fuse box (meter box), it's quite hard to surmise whether an extended ISRA or other type of connection-point for DSL will work. That doesn't mean that other connection-points aren't viable, but simply that it's not visible from a distance. There's one exception: if you don't have an ISRA at all, the grid operator can check whether there's one possible in the fuse box and sometimes will place one for free - but that's outisde of our reach as a provider.

I'll send you another voucher code by private message.

Hi @Rituparna Chakrabarti, although I completely understand where you're coming from regarding the guarantee of installation/activation, it's next to impossible to predict if a connection will be stable/usable. ISRA-points tend to have bridge taps and other discrepancies, which can only be located/analyzed on by technicians/mechanics at home. I can't fully guarantee that you'll be back online on July 12th, but I'm positive they'll find a solution either that day or shortly after. 

When you don't seem to have an ISRA in the fuse box (meter box), it's quite hard to surmise whether an extended ISRA or other type of connection-point for DSL will work. That doesn't mean that other connection-points aren't viable, but simply that it's not visible from a distance. There's one exception: if you don't have an ISRA at all, the grid operator can check whether there's one possible in the fuse box and sometimes will place one for free - but that's outisde of our reach as a provider.

I'll send you another voucher code by private message.

@Jason . I understand, and I genuinely appreciate your help with the vouchers. Thank you. I hope they find solution, But if they can not resolve the situation next week, and the situation continues to get delayed because a solution is not found by the mechanics. I will like to re-evaluate my decision if I would like to continu the services with T Mobile. I should be given more reflection period after activation, because as you said '’it's next to impossible to predict if a connection will be stable/usable'’ and the activation date was never met. Please do understand this concern as a user, and do share the  images with the mechanics, and the problem notes with the Mechanics, so at least they are prepared before the visit and find an immediate solution. Thank you. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Thanks for your quick response and your understanding is highly appreciated! 😄

I'd like to comment on the ISRA one more time: please understand that it's not necessarily the responsibility of a provider to establish a working ISRA-point. ISRAs are protected under the warranty of the grid operator and are to be checked by the resident and fixed by the operator. T-Mobile doesn't know beforehand, or at the time of a subscription request, whether your ISRA is functioning properly - or any provider for that matter. Crudely put: the ISRA is your own responsibility and isn't something we can manage prior to a connection-date.

That's not to say that providers won't do everything within their power to help, but it does relay some of the boundaries which restrict certain issues and solutions. 

@Rituparna Chakrabarti Thanks for your quick response and your understanding is highly appreciated! 😄

I'd like to comment on the ISRA one more time: please understand that it's not necessarily the responsibility of a provider to establish a working ISRA-point. ISRAs are protected under the warranty of the grid operator and are to be checked by the resident and fixed by the operator. T-Mobile doesn't know beforehand, or at the time of a subscription request, whether your ISRA is functioning properly - or any provider for that matter. Crudely put: the ISRA is your own responsibility and isn't something we can manage prior to a connection-date.

That's not to say that providers won't do everything within their power to help, but it does relay some of the boundaries which restrict certain issues and solutions. 

@Jason . Thanks. I really hope the mechanics resolve the situation! This is very stressful.