Beantwoord

Moving a subscription to a new address but using old router

• 19 September 2022
  • 6 reacties
  • 81 Bekeken

Dear T-Thuis,

I don’t know if I can ask this here, but let me try.

I’m moving to a new house. The system says I need to start a new 1-year subscription.

So, I’m buying a new subscription which is more expensive than what I have.

But I got an email from T-mobile that I need to use the old router I have which is several generation old.

Can you arrange a new router and new WiFi mesh point for my new subscription?

Or, can I get a new set if I cancel the current subscription and start a new one separately?

If I need to use old routers, I don’t see any meaning in moving my subscription which is same as buying a new subscription.

Regards,

D.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 20 September 2022, 10:54

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Dlkfj39uB 

Which router do you have now? If you have a Draytek I'm sure they can echange it for a Zyxel afterwards.

WiFi plus can be ordered via this page.

Dear Waqqas,

Thank you for your reply.

I have a Zyxel T-50. I already have a WiFi Plus.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Dlkfj39uB 

The Zyxel-T50 is still one of the new routers T-Mobile provides. When you have DSL on your new address you'll get the same modem. Only if you have Fiber at your new address you'll get a newer Zyxel modem but the current one is also very good.

I have a Fiber and what I have has a few problems like unstable connection and changing internally distributed IP addresses to each device from time to time. It is annoying to restart it from time to time and reallocating the IP addresses.

Can I still ask for a new one?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Dlkfj39uB, thanks for your messages and welcome to our Community! An unstable connection can happen to any address and might not be linked to the modem. The Zyxel modem is a stable modem, but that doesn't mean you experiencing a stable connection. My advice is to check how the situation is going on the new address. If the connection is wired and still unstable, we will investigate the matter. For now, good luck with the move and please let us know if you have any questions. We're here for you!

Thank you Waqqas and Boris, 

I will look into what I can do with the current router.

Regards,

D.

Reageer