Reporting a move

• 4 February 2023
  • 1 reactie
  • 41 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hello,

I reported a move on the website to take with me the same connection to a new apartment, and I receive an email telling me they need to install fiber in the street. Then they say I can take my modem with me, then that I need to send them back my old modem, it’s confusing.

Does this mean I can’t take my connection with me unless they do the installation in the street? and is it me who will pay for these works ?

Thank you

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Diorama, welcome to the Community! 🙋‍♂️

It sounds like you've moved to a new home where Fiber hasn't been installed fully yet. In order to activate a Fiber-connection, the FTU (fiber connection point) needs to be installed first. Does your new home already have an FTU or don't you know yet? Generally, you don't have to pay for any installation regarding Fiber. The only exception is when you want to change the placing of the FTU to another, less strategic, place in your house. Regarding the installation of the equipment: it depends on whether you've been billed on the initial subscription-contract. Sometimes providers disregard the installation costs, for instance when there's a current discount. At the moment I'm pretty certain that we have a discount and you don't pay any installation fee for new Fiber connections.

Reageer