• 19 September 2021
  • 13 reacties
  • 442 Bekeken

I added a Tp-link to my VMG8825-T50 router in wan mode

the VMG8825-T50 has a ip of 192.168.0.1

the tplink a static ip of 192.168.0.2

I added a DNS connection to VMG8825-T50

I now added a port forwarding 

I would now expect that calling something like 192.168.0.1:9000 i would end up on the tplink page

But this solution does not work

Any idea?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 19 September 2021, 11:34

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @elpie89 

Is it a TP-LINK router? Than you can just login via tplinklogin.net from within your network.

For logging in from outside your network you have to use your public IP address followed by :(port number) I guess, not sure if the settings are right though 😅

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Your portmapping is correct. It only works on your wan ip. So you need to check from outside your home network.

Hi @Waqqas , thanks but I need a way to access the rouiter from outside the network

I was just testing out the port- forwarding using 192.168.0.1:9000

So yes the question is what is wrong with my port-forwarding?

as i’m trying to reach my router using domainname.net:9000

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @elpie89 

Check your public IP here:

https://www.expressvpn.com/nl/what-is-my-ip

And add :9000

using the public ip does not work either

the onlty thing i can access seems to be the Home of the zixel from my domain name or my public ip address...but inside the network

as soon as i test it with a 4g connection nothing works

i’m not a network engineer but I made this operation on various router many time in my life

This Zyxell router is a pain … does the ISP require a dsl modem between my router and the ISP

Can i just remove the Zyxell and configure the vlan of my tp-link?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@elpie89

You have Fiber right?

You can connect the TP-LINK straight to the mediaconverter and remove the Zyxel, just configure vlan 300 under advanced > IPTV tab.

If you are on the old tv platform you'll also need vlan 640 for IPTV, new IPTV platform will also work via internet.

VoIP from T-Mobile will not work on your own router.

If you have DSL you'll need to change the WAN status to VD_internet in your portforwarding rule (Zyxel).

finally I removed the Zyxel and configured the vlan

everything works

thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @elpie89, that's amazing, congratulations on fixing the configuration and thanks to @Waqqas and @Hidden.nld for offering their expertise! 😄 

Hi all again...i’m actually encountering some issue with my smart TV since I removed the Zixel router in favour of the Tp-link

My SmartTV seem to occasionally loose the connection

here my VLAN settings ...can you spot any errors?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @elpie89 

Looks okay but in another topc they say to disable IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping, you could try that.

Are other devices not having any issue? 

Is your smarttv connected via WiFi or cable?

thanks..i’ll try that 

the smart tv is connected via cable.

and no ..i’m didn’t notice this issue with other devices

thanks

Reputatie 7

Hi @elpie89, really nice to see all the tips that were given to you! Fingers crossed that disable IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping ensures that the problems with your smart tv are over. Please let us know, so we can help you further if that's necessary! 😊