Beantwoord

Faster fiber connection on KPN-owned line

• 24 April 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 194 Bekeken

I just got a fiber connection from T-Mobile on my new address and the top speed I can choose in the subscription settings is 100Mbit max. I know that if the line is not T-Mobile owned then the maximum speed is lower due to limits of line owner. However, then I check my maximum speed on the KPN website it says that I can get up to 500Mbit connection. So, I conclude that technically it is possible.

I’m working remotely nowadays and due to the nature of my work I need as fastest connection as possible and the 100Mbit is a bare minimum.

I’m wondering if it is possible to get 500Mbits with T-Mobile on my address? I hope it’s just KPN upgraded their line without letting T-Mobile know about that.

P.S. Postcode 1096GG

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 24 April 2020, 16:37

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @riko_123 

T-mobile offers three plans, 50 Mbit Basic, 100 Mbìt Fast, 1000 Mbit premium. T-mobile have chosen to not offer 200 & 500 Mbit because the pricing for this speed is not affordable and they want to transfer every glasvezel customer to their own network so they can offer 1000 Mbit to all their glasvezel customers.

This goal is still far away from completed, but this is the plan for T-mobile to compete with others.

T-Mobile only offers higher speeds if they have their own equipment in the fiber centers, if the adrescheck from T-Mobile only shows 100Mbit as available.Then that means they only buy in up to 100Mbit from KPN. If KPN offers 500 (and soon 1Gbit), you won't be able to order that from T-Mobile till T-Mobile decides to buy in those speeds from KPN. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@prodigy Actually T-Mobile had 200 and 500 in the past until KPN changed the price of subscription for other companies.

Reageer