Beantwoord

Maximale internetsnelheid wordt niet gehaald

• 25 September 2018
  • 17 reacties
  • 1041 Bekeken

Ik huurde het 100mb internet voor mijn huis (DSL). Ik voer snelheidstests uit en de maximale bereikte snelheid is 30 MB. De snelheid van internet varieert van 10-30 MB.

* Ik gebruik een netwerkkabel om verbinding te maken met de router, om geen interferentie te ondervinden van het WIFI-signaal.
icon

Beste antwoord door Sterre 10 October 2018, 10:30

Bekijk origineel

17 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Hallo @jordansilva

Het kan natuurlijk voor komen dat er iets niet goed zit, we moeten er alleen even achter komen waar dat is.
Heb je het modem rechtstreeks aangesloten op het ISRA en zijn er geen andere telefoon aansluitingen in huis ? Verkeerde bekabeling en meerdere aansluitingen kunnen een drastische beperking hebben op de performance van DSL.
Wellicht dat je even een foto kan plaatsen zodat we een idee hebben hoe het zit.
Hallo @Hidden.nld

Er zit niets tussen de DSL-verbinding. Ik heb twee DLS-pluggen in mijn huis, ik heb de router op beide verbindingen getest.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
@jordansilva

Hmm, dat is niet een officieel KPN aansluiting. op welke plaats zit de andere aansluiting ?
Het kan zijn dat het KPN isra in de meterkast zit en van daar naar de andere 2 aansluitingen gaat.
Dit noemen ze bij T-Mobile ook wel een bridgetap.
@Hidden.nld
De andere verbinding is in de woonkamer en het is hetzelfde patroon met 4 gaten voor de modemstekker. In de ingang van het gebouw staat de kast, maar de technicus van KPN heeft net wat kabels downstair getest en liet me zien welke stekkers voor mijn appartement waren.

Sorry voor mijn nederlands, ik vertaal gewoon van het Engels naar het Nederlands in Google Translate.
Reputatie 7
Hi Jordan, no problem, you can do it in English as well if you want. We already contacted the grid operator to solve the problem and I expect your speed to go up in the coming days. If you're still getting lower speeds by the end of next week then do contact me again!
Hi @Brian,
As you asked last week, I still getting low speed 😞.
I tested every day since last week and the maximum speed that I got was 46mb/s download, which is far from 100mb/s 😕
Hello @Brian ,

I am also having this same issue. I just had my 100mb internet installed yesterday, and the highest speed I am getting is 10mbps... oddly the upload speed is much higher, at 40mbps. Can you help me out! I've tried resetting the modem and also changing both of my wifi channels.

Thank you!
Ryan
Reputatie 7
Hi jordansilva,

Thank you for your update. I see that you've called us and that my colleague has taken action. I see that you made an appointment with our technician. He will do some tests and help you getting the right internet speed. I truly believe that you can enjoy your 100 Mbps soon!
Reputatie 7
Welcome at T-Mobile Thuis rwakamiya!

I'm glad to help you with your internet, so that we can enjoy our time together. I noticed that you're talking about your Wifi speed, is that right? How is your connection when you're testing your internet speed via the UTP-cable? To improve your Wifi connection, please follow the tips in our Wifitopic. Please let me know if these helped!
Hello Sterre! Yes, I have tried a powerflip reset, a factory reset, and I've tried changing the channels for my WiFi. It affects both cat5 cable connection and WiFi. Can you help me out?

Thank you!
Ryan
Reputatie 7
Hi rwakamiya,

I sure can! Or at least I'm willing to do my best to speed up your internet. How is the connection when you test your internet speed via the cat5 cable? Wired internet is the basis of your wifi, so we need to make sure that's okay. Can you provide me with screen shots of the speed tests, tested on both wired internet and wifi? Make sure I (and thereby also our technicians) can see which connection is tested.
Yes of course! Here is the wired internet: I got 10.04mb download and 32.03 upload.

And here is the Wi-Fi connection: I got 11.81 down and 42.87 upload...

I've tried all the steps in the forums you suggested, but nothing has changed 😞. Can you help me out?

Thank you!
Ryan Wakamiya
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
Hi @rwakamiya, thank you so much for the effort you put in to this. Unfortunately, this is not enough for our technicians to start a investigation. It is really important that the screenshots you make show how you are connected. At this point, I cannot see that. Do you want to provide me with a screenshot or photo of the wired speed test which shows this way connection? It is very important that I can actually see if you are connected with a cable in this screenshot or photo. For example, take a picture of the entire screen so that I can also see the way you are connected. With this screenshot I can contact the technical department, so that an investigation can be started. Thank you so much in advance!
@Cheyenne ok thank you! Here are two new speed test screenshots -- one of wired connection and one of wireless.

Can we set up an appointment with a technician? I've tried everything available online.

Thank you!
Ryan Wakamiya

Wired Connection:

Wireless Connection:

Reputatie 7
Hi rwakamiya, thank you for the second speedtest! I"m sending over a technician and our contractor Guidion will contact you by phone to set an appointment. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help!
Thank you very much! The technician came and fixed it in a minute. The installer installed the system incorrectly and was limiting the speeds.

Thanks!
Ryan
Reputatie 7
Hi Ryan, good to hear the mechanic could resolve it so quickly once he was there! If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help and enjoy your new high speed connection! 😉

Reageer