Beantwoord

Optical fiber

• 29 July 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 194 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 4 reacties

Hello,

KPN installed the optical fiber at my apartment today.
Would it be compatible with T-mobile?

I guess my question would be:
Can I use this installation that KPN did regarding the optical (glass) fiber but with T-mobile? Is it possible to simply subscribe to the optical fiber internet from T mobile and use the “cable”/”box” (the thingy in the wall that they installed for the optical fiber) from KPN? Or am I supposed to ask T-mobile for a new optical fiber installation?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 29 July 2021, 17:51

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Asav 

Have you checked the T-Mobile postcodecheck on their website? If it says Fiber is available than you'll be able to apply for a subscription.

If not than T-Mobile cannot deliver (yet) at your address but they do offer their services over KPN Fiber.

Thanks for the answer @Waqqas .
On the T-mobile website it says that I am not eligible for the fiber.
Considering that this KPN fiber was installed today, should I wait a few more days/weeks for the website to refresh? Or is it settled and the only way for me to get the glass fiber would be to switch over to KPN?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Asav 

I think you should be able to get Fiber from KPN, Online.nl, Solcon, Freedom, XS4ALL and Tweak.

Other providers are not yet able to deliver over a GPON Fiber network which you have I think.

Clear.
Thank you very much for the help.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile will also be an option in the near future for sure but I guess it can't be said when exactly..

Reageer