Beantwoord

Problems with Internet connection drop 10-15 times per day

• 24 January 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 146 Bekeken

Hi, 

I have fiber internet at home, and un the last months the connection is constantly dropping, it started with 1 or 2 times per day and the connection recover after a reboot, but in the last couple of months the connection drops between 10 to 15 times per day, which is affecting everybody, from online classed to working from home, using smart devices, etc.

we have a DryTek 2132F modem, and I think is having issues with the devices we have now at home, could be possible to request a new and more modern modem to replace this one?

thanks for the help!

Jaime Valero

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 24 January 2022, 19:56

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Jaime_Valero 

Did you allready perform a factory reset of the modem? Try it once and if the problem persists than its better to get a new modem 😊

yes, tried that one too, still no luck, are the new modems that bad?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Jaime_Valero ,

Thanks for your message! I've taken a look into the connection and I see a stable connection coming in until the modem. The uptime of the connection is about 14 hours, which has been the same as long as the device has been connected to the power grid. I think we need to establish the way you experience the issues, is this through wifi or through a wired connection? 

HI, we lost the connection both in wired and wireless, we’ve been lucky that since yesterday at 6:00pm that was the last reboot hasn’t failed (knock on wood) but yes, before that I had to rebooted 5 times through a work call of 1.5 hours and that’s part of the problem, you never know when it can fail again.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Jaime_Valero,

Thanks for your message! Because we can't spot a dropping connection from our end, I'd like to ask you to monitor the connection for the upcoming three days. If any drop or break of the connection occurs, can you please note the date and time of the occurrence? That way we can dive deeper into the connection on these times and dates and spot the connection drop and work on a solution. I'd be happy to hear from you with a log. 

sorry for the delay, I was out on holidays, but I can confirm the internet is dropping today every 15 min. in fact, it just drop 15 mins ago, and it was like that the whole afternoon, almost 10 times today, this is becoming crazy.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hello @Jaime_Valero,

Hopefully you’ve enjoyed your holidays.

It definitely seems that a mechanic is needed to fix your connection. I’ve made a request for the technical department to consult the network operator so we can find out what exactly is going wrong and which technician is needed to solve the problem. Within the next few working days you will be contacted via your phone and email for an appointment with a mechanic. I’ll try my best to find a quick solution soon!