Beantwoord

Contract and mobile phone with German bank account

• 6 oktober 2017
  • 1 reactie
  • 366 Bekeken

Dear T-mobile team,

I recently moved from Germany to the Netherlands, and I'm struggling to get a phone contract with you. This week, I tried my luck in a local T-mobile shop, and I've been told that in order to get a mobile phone+contract, I have to pay the phone right away (no problem here), and I definitely have to own a Dutch bank account, my German bank account was not accepted. As far as I understand, since 3 years there is an EU regulation (SEPA-verordening (EU nr. 260/12)) which forbids this IBAN discrimination. Later this week I checked whether I might order online, but the same problem here: only Dutch IBANs can be entered.

Is there any way to get a mobile and a contract with you without having the hassle to open a Dutch bank account?

Thanks for your help,
Benjamin
icon

Beste antwoord door Poco-Loco 6 oktober 2017, 10:30

Simple answer no.

The regulation you refer to regarding bank accounts has nothing to do with the newly regulations regarding the EU roaming, which allows providers to require 'proof' of being bound to the country where you wish to take a subscription.

That proof is taken into two different steps, an address and a bank account. A third part, buying a phone on a loan, requires to be registered in The Netherlands and have a so-called BKR registration. That determines if you're not trying to buy something with a loan you can't afford, another(, local and new) regulation since this year.

In your case, getting a subscription will require that Dutch bank account as it's part of the preservation providers want to not sell subscriptions to non-residents. If they would open this up, people would move to whatever country has the cheapest subscription and the most expensive countries go bankrupt (is the idea).
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Simple answer no.

The regulation you refer to regarding bank accounts has nothing to do with the newly regulations regarding the EU roaming, which allows providers to require 'proof' of being bound to the country where you wish to take a subscription.

That proof is taken into two different steps, an address and a bank account. A third part, buying a phone on a loan, requires to be registered in The Netherlands and have a so-called BKR registration. That determines if you're not trying to buy something with a loan you can't afford, another(, local and new) regulation since this year.

In your case, getting a subscription will require that Dutch bank account as it's part of the preservation providers want to not sell subscriptions to non-residents. If they would open this up, people would move to whatever country has the cheapest subscription and the most expensive countries go bankrupt (is the idea).

Reageer