Beantwoord

Contract renewal

• 29 september 2018
  • 8 reacties
  • 855 Bekeken

It's a bit complicated but my current contract ends on 6/10 and the new phone I want releases on Oct 9. T-Mobile didn't have the previous phone (Google Pixel 2) so I doubt they will have Google Pixel 3 this October. My option is to get the Google Pixel 3 through Belsimpel with a T-Mobile contract so I can keep my phone number and it's apparently cheaper than buying the device in one go (for some reason).

What do I do in this case? My T-Mobile data plan/contract ends before the phone I want comes out and I want to keep my phone number. I do not want pay like 100 euros more for the phone when it comes out on 9 Oct because it's without a contract and then renew my SIM-only contract on 6 Oct.

Any help with this? It's a bit complicated but I can answer any questions to clarify
icon

Beste antwoord door Folkert 29 september 2018, 18:39

Don't worry, the contract will not be renewed automatically. The current one will continue but without discount and monthly terminable. You can check the contract status at your "My T-Mobile" page.

Check https://www.t-mobile.nl/Consumer/media/pdf/voorwaarden/algemene-voorwaarden-juni-2017.pdf especially part 7 (Looptijd chapter).

If you want to buy at Belsimpel choose your new phone with the option "Mijn eigen 06-nummer meenemen of verlengen" in order to keep your 06 number.
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +18
Your contract does not end if you didn't renew or cancel yet. It may be that you don't get the discount anymore which you got for 1 or 2 years when your contract started but it's maybe worthwhile to take that for granted for a couple of weeks. From October 6th, when the 1 or 2 year contract period ends, you can cancel or renew each month.

Buying the new phone at Belsimpel in combination with a contract is cheaper, you will get discount on the phone. Belsimpel will arrange everything with T-Mobile as they are partners. I bought my new Nokia in the same way this summer, everything went fine.

Beware that if the amount of money you borrow for the new phone is more than 250 euro the loan will be registered at the Dutch BKR which can influence the maximum amount of mortgage loan you can get from a bank.

Hope everything is clear, my English is not perfect...
Your contract does not end if you didn't renew or cancel yet. It may be that you don't get the discount anymore which you got for 1 or 2 years when your contract started but it's maybe worthwhile to take that for granted for a couple of weeks. From October 6th, when the 1 or 2 year contract period ends, you can cancel or renew each month.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I'm glad that it's like that, so I'll keep it for an extra month to organize the new phone+contract.

I'll go to the T-Mobile shop and verify that it's not going to renew to a new contract or anything like that.

Thanks again

(Your English is pretty perfect, much better than my Nederlands)
Reputatie 7
Badge +18
Don't worry, the contract will not be renewed automatically. The current one will continue but without discount and monthly terminable. You can check the contract status at your "My T-Mobile" page.

Check https://www.t-mobile.nl/Consumer/media/pdf/voorwaarden/algemene-voorwaarden-juni-2017.pdf especially part 7 (Looptijd chapter).

If you want to buy at Belsimpel choose your new phone with the option "Mijn eigen 06-nummer meenemen of verlengen" in order to keep your 06 number.
I called them last week Monday and spoke to a person that understood what I wanted and before ending the call, I asked once more to confirm that my current contract was going to continue and not switch to a new one, however now I just noticed that it did start the new contract which is exactly what I asked for them to not do. I have no idea what to do right now and am panicking a bit because I don't want to be stuck on this contract due to their mistake.
Reputatie 7
Badge +18
I have sent you a private message.
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Fabubibabu,

Folkert already helped you on your way, I see! I've noticed that there are still some question-marks, so I'm here to give a little bit more information!

My colleague should have given a bit more information, because there seems to be more to this than is discussed in this topic. I checked your contract and notice you already renewed your contract in July. On the 4th of July you renewed your contract in the T-Mobile Shop in Leiden. Your contract at the time was still active and had the 6th of October as an end date. The renewal of your contract started yesterday. A contract which has been agreed upon in a T-Mobile Shop can't be cancelled, since you can go over the terms and ask the employee everything you need to know. An online contract can be terminated within 14 days. At this point, we're three months further.

However, there is still a way to renew the contract with a device, through what we call Toestel Flexibiliteit. This way you can choose to replace your Sim Only with a contract with a device. This is also applicable via Belsimpel, so you can still get the Google Pixel 3! 🙂 We don't have access to the systems of Belsimpel, so if you need any assistance, make sure to reach out to them to help you with this. This is their customer service page. With Toestel Flexibiliteit the current contract will be "deleted" and a new contract will be initiated. This way you can get a device with your subscription!

If you need any further help from us, don't hesitate to ask!
Hi Fabubibabu,

My colleague should have given a bit more information, because there seems to be more to this than is discussed in this topic. I checked your contract and notice you already renewed your contract in July. On the 4th of July you renewed your contract in the T-Mobile Shop in Leiden. Your contract at the time was still active and had the 6th of October as an end date. The renewal of your contract started yesterday. A contract which has been agreed upon in a T-Mobile Shop can't be cancelled, since you can go over the terms and ask the employee everything you need to know. An online contract can be terminated within 14 days. At this point, we're three months further.

Thanks for the reply. That's strange, because when I spoke to the T-Mobile worker in Leiden two weeks ago, he told me that I could only cancel the automatic transfer to a new contract only if I spoke to T-Mobile on the phone, because they can't do it at the shop. I did that and the person on the phone at T-Mobile told me they would cancel the new contract starting on the 6th and instead continuing my normal contract, but at an increase price due to the discounts going away. I was okay with that. Either way, I'm not sure if it's a mix up or simply a mistake by both the worker at the shop in Leiden and the person on the phone, if it's something that can be fixed by Toestel Flexibiliteit then it's doable.

Is there a time limit on this or is that something I have to discuss with Belsimpel? I wanted to continue with my previous contract so I can have some time to think about a new phone with a contract instead of having to rush.
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Fabubibabu,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. As mentioned before, contract made in the shop cannot be canceled. As to your second question, there is no limit. You can make use of toestelflexibiliteit whenever you want. Your current Sim Only contract will remain the same until you choose toestelflexibiliteit. Once you choose that option your current contract will be deleted.

I hope I have provided you with sufficient information and wish you the best with your new device! 🙂

Reageer