Beantwoord

Contract renewed despite request not to

• 2 oktober 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 732 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie
In July I received a call from the sales team offering to renew my two year contract which expires in October. I said that I had seen offers for a €30/m Unlimited contract but the salesperson said only €35 was available, so I said I didn't want it (I was very clear about this). They said they would send me information by email anyway, so I said ok.

When the email came I saw that it was actually a new contract which had already been processed! I see from previous topics that I am not the first person who had this unpleasant surprise. Nowhere in the contract email was there any information about how to cancel the subscription, nor was it mentioned that I had 14 days to do so.

However I sent a message via the website explaining my situation and received the following response...

so I assumed everything was ok and I could renew my contract in my own time whenever I wanted.

So today (since it's nearly the renewal date) I went to my local T-Mobile store to renew my Unlimited contract for €30 a month. They were very helpful but told me that actually the new contract had already been renewed. He said I could only cancel it by phone, but when I called customer service the respondent was much less helpful, she didn't seem to care that I hadn't agreed and said that since she couldn't see the email on July 16th there was nothing she could do to help me.

I'm really unhappy about this. A better price for the same product is being offered and apparently I can't access it even though I am a customer for some years. Can this be resolved?

If it can't be I would hope to cancel the contract, but the only changes I can make with my online account concern my current contract, not the one that will start on October 10th. These sales calls are a really misleading and intrusive practice and it's obvious I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Regards
Daniel
icon

Beste antwoord door Hajar 3 oktober 2019, 11:08

Hi @dantuom

Thank you for sharing. You don't need to worry I just canceled your renewal. You now have the opportunity to renew your contract at the T-Mobile Shop if you like. I hope you are satisfied with this solution. If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi @dantuom

Thank you for sharing. You don't need to worry I just canceled your renewal. You now have the opportunity to renew your contract at the T-Mobile Shop if you like. I hope you are satisfied with this solution. If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Hi @dantuom

Thank you so much Hajar!

Reageer