Beantwoord

mesh config details

• 8 September 2021
  • 7 reacties
  • 275 Bekeken

Hi!

I have a T-50 ZyXEL modem and would like to set up a mesh with another router that cannot be configured via WPS. What are the configuration details of the ZyXEL mesh? From the web app I only have the option to enable/disable MPro Mesh but I do not have any access to the mesh details per se. Could you please provide me with those?

Or has anyone in the community tried setting up a mesh with a router/repeater/extender other than a ZyXEL wap? (Without using WPS)

Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 8 September 2021, 21:16

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @cheloniusfrank 

Setting up a mesh network with something else than the Zyxel wap is not possible unfortunately.

You can look to configure the other device in Acces Point Mode.

Hello @cheloniusfrank 

Setting up a mesh network with something else than the Zyxel wap is not possible unfortunately.

You can look to configure the other device in Acces Point Mode.

Strange, my Zyxel modem and Fritzbox doesn’t seem to know this.

I have a fritzbox 7490 and a couple of Fritz repeaters set up as a mesh network and it works perfectly and seamless. When I use the fritz WiFi app I can see it switch to the nearest access point, including zyxel modem.

Hi!

I have a T-50 ZyXEL modem and would like to set up a mesh with another router that cannot be configured via WPS. What are the configuration details of the ZyXEL mesh? From the web app I only have the option to enable/disable MPro Mesh but I do not have any access to the mesh details per se. Could you please provide me with those?

Or has anyone in the community tried setting up a mesh with a router/repeater/extender other than a ZyXEL wap? (Without using WPS)

Thanks!

I only needed the ssid and WiFipassword. (With fritzbox router)

Btw, I only have it for less then a week so maybe newer firmware, maybe itneeds a update?

Thanks for the answer. That's strange. Doesn't ZyXEL adhere to EasyMesh?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @cheloniusfrank 

Yes the Zyxel has Easymesh but to create a mesh network in your house you'll need WiFi Plus in combination with the Zyxel modem.

Loud and clear. That means that the config details are hidden on purpose so that if we want to create a Mesh, we have to get the additional WiFi Plus service…

Thanks for replying.

Best wishes