Beantwoord

Much Lower Speed for 100 Mbit/s Wifi Connection

• 4 March 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 91 Bekeken

We recently changed to T-mobile as our wifi providers. Befor finalizing the contract I specificall asked the T-mobile employee at the local shop here whether we will indeed recieve the 100 mbit/s. I was told yes mutliple times.

After we set up the router it turned out that the acutal connection was much lower. I went back to the store and was told that there was a temporary issue and that from February 16th the full speed of 100 would be reach. Since that did not happen, I went back to the store to ask yet another employee who told me no such temperary ‘slow down’ ever existed and to call the hotline. However, he told me that we can easily termiante the contract if T-mobile does not deliver the promised speed.

This week we had a technition from T-mobile coming by who checked but told us that while the connection is slow yet not slow enough for T-mobile to do anything nor that we could terminate the contract. A seped test never reaches an upload rate of above 15 mbit/s - substantially less than the 100 we are paying for. A LAN-/ cable connection also does not give us a much faster option either.

Can anyone help or did anyone have a similar issue? I am not sure how to proceed as T-mobile employees do not seem to be of great help since everyone so far gave us contradiction or straight up wrong information.

Sepeed test connected to our wifi, sitting right next to the router

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 5 March 2023, 15:07

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @fjtwueller 

Do you have a Fiber or DSL connection?

In case of DSL, T-Mobile has only 1 subscription with a speed of up to 100 Mbps.

The actual speed possible at your house can be seen when you enter your address on the T-Mobile website > postcodecheck.

It is a DSL connection.

According to a T-mobile staff member who allegedly checked the speed at my address before I signed the contract I was supposed to get 100 Mbit/s at our address. I assumed that info to be reliable and did not check again. The speed shown on your website is also higher than the max we are able to recive at this moment. Again, we are not even getting 15% of the download rate we are paying for.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @fjtwueller 

Do you have a Fiber or DSL connection?

In case of DSL, T-Mobile has only 1 subscription with a speed of up to 100 Mbps.

The actual speed possible at your house can be seen when you enter your address on the T-Mobile website > postcodecheck.

It is a DSL connection.

According to a T-mobile staff member who allegedly checked the speed at my address before I signed the contract I was supposed to get 100 Mbit/s at our address. I assumed that info to be reliable and did not check again. The speed shown on your website is also higher than the max we are able to recive at this moment. Again, we are not even getting 15% of the download rate we are paying for.

@fjtwueller

When you enter your adress in the postcodecheck, what is the maximum possible speed? Make sure the modem is directly connected to the KPN ISRA and not via a second connection point.

Reageer