Beantwoord

Slow upload speed connection

• 23 June 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 63 Bekeken

Hello, 

My name is Gabriel, I live in Eindhoven centrum (5615JE) and I have contracted 100 Mbit/s download and upload. My download is ± 100, but my upload is never bigger than 25. Is there something I can do to increase my upload speed? Is there something you can check?

I have read other discussions about this but I don’t find a good answer. 

I’ve tested using speedtest.net

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 23 June 2022, 15:18

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

4 reacties

Hello Waqqas, 

The problem is solved but I don’t know is because I connect using wired cable. Steps I did:

1. Down 100 Mbit/s / Up 20 Mbit/s: tested using speedtest in my laptop, in my studio (not very far from router) and with wireless connection.
  2. Down 100 Mbit/s / Up 20 Mbit/s: tested using speedtest in my laptop, very close to router and with wireless connection.
  3. Down 100 Mbit/s / Up 100 Mbit/s: tested using speedtest in my laptop, very close to router and with wired connection. In this case I selected to use an automatic IP address, it was set manual.  
  4. Down 100 Mbit/s / Up 100 Mbit/s: tested using speedtest in my laptop, very close to router and with wireless connection.
  5. Down 100 Mbit/s / Up 100 Mbit/s: tested using speedtest in my laptop, in my studio (not very far from router) and with wireless connection.

Thanks for the help. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@gmunumel 

Looking at point 3 the manual IP adress could have been the issue? A wired connection could also have been the solution.

@Waqqas , yes, that may be. I’ve never tried to connect via wired to be honest. Maybe something missing or misconfigured. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @gmunumel 

Have you tested the speed with a wired connection directly connected with the router? Please use the Ookla speedtest app which you can download from the store. Using different devices, other cables or different testservers may help.

Can you also attach a picture of your FTU and mediaconverter on 1 picture?