Beantwoord

Wi-Fi problems

Hello! Recently I’ve been having problems with my wi-fi connection at my apartment. It will stop from time to time and then come back in 5/10 minutes. I would like to know how to fix it and what I can do in order for this problem to be solved? :)

Have a nice day! 

Kind regards,

Gabriela 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 6 June 2021, 14:56

Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Gabriela Vodenova 

Do you have fiber or DSL and is the cabled connection fast and stable?

Are you using the WiFi of the T-Mobile modem or do you have your own WiFi devices, repeaters for example?

Hi @Waqqas 

It’s a DSL cable, we’ve never had problems until now so I can say that it was fast and stable before that.

And we are using the WiFi of the T-mobile modem!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gabriela Vodenova 

I mean if there is a internet cable connected from any LAN port of the modem to a laptop for example, is this stable and does wired internet also stop when WiFi stops?

@Waqqas 

It’s not connected to an external device 

The modem does not stop when the WiFi stops, only the light that its responsible for the internet on the router stops and then turns red 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gabriela Vodenova 

If you have a zyxel you mean the 3rd light from the left?

What type of ISRA do you have, is it a wall socket for a telephone adapter?

@Waqqas 

Yess its the third light from the left, we are with zyxel.

And yes its a wall socket with 4 holes 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gabriela Vodenova 

Could you unscrew it and check if there are only 2 wires connected? If there are more wires connected than you could face problems with your line after some time.

@Waqqas 

There used to be four, but two of them are cut and not connected. So now only two are connected.

By the way, right next to the socket is a black box on which it says 1000ADSL LP.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gabriela Vodenova

Cut or not connected? Make sure there are no little rest pieces aswell.

Maybe you could perform a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back of your modem for about 10 seconds using a small object.

@Waqqas 

They are cut. So probably they have been used before but are still there.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gabriela Vodenova 

Oh and there is no other ISRA in your fusebox for example or is this the only ISRA?

You can remove those rest pieces of the wire if they are still connected and try a factory reset maybe.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Gabriela Vodenova ,

Did the tips from @Waqqas help you out? We'd love to have your connection restored. Please let me know, so we can help you with that. I'd be happy to hear from you.

Reageer